PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch dimond
Carrier: sprint

raven.warsong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tmobel Garminfone Only at 1.6 Please help

Hi every one thanks for taken the time to read my post. A few days ago I got a Garminfone. It meets my needs more or less but I have some concerns. The has been no update past 1.6 and the Phone is all most a year old Im a little concerned. With a lot of the new apps needing at least 2.xx to run and no updates in sight is this the phone for me?

There is no work around as of yet there is no other Roms I can put on the phone. I think more or less there just not a lot of them around. My first choice was to go with the Motorola CLIQ but I was told it was going to be disconnected. I was told the same with the T-Mobile myTouch. I was told there not good phones, the Garminfone at my price point was the best one. They have a little slower process and not as much ram but they both run 2.xx. Thats more than I can say about the Garminfone. What about the Samsung Behold II.

My friends both have the CLIQ and they think its a great phone. Are the guys are my local TMobile store full of crap. All in all there not a lot of choice at this location. Any feedback is welcome Im sorry for any spelling mistakes. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Tmobel Garminfone Only at 1.6 Please help

Lets do some digging....... Read everything before jumping in, just trying to help. But if you don't get yourself up to date on how things work, jump right in after each thing you read, and brick your phone, IT'S NOT MY FAULT! No piracy, no warez, no theivery allowed! Right terms in search will find what you are looking for.

Found Garminfone - xda-developers
Found Garminfone full hard root Achieved - xda-developers
Found ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- A50 (Garminfone)
Found Rooting Garminfone? YES ! - T-Mobile Community

If you find what you are looking for then congrats. But the sorts i read is if you want root, 2.xx and tether, find a diff phone. If you want to stay tmo then chehk out their lineup and search each device before you go out and get device your budy tells you to get.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It seems like there isn't much support for Garminphone.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Looks like they realize they aren't going to make it in the smartphone industry...

Garmin Formally Bows Out of Smartphone Game | Android Phone Fans
Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

It was a mistake to begin with. Bringing anything out without insuring it works with the latest/greatest whatever is just plain ignorant.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion