PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo (R00t3d)
Carrier: Sprint

Evil Juggalo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Evil Juggalo Send a message via MSN to Evil Juggalo Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Juggalo
How to install apps on Unactivated HTC Vogue w/ Android 2.1

So ive been racking my brain for the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to do this, but I want to give this phone to my niece as it no longer has service. I installed Android on it prior to me getting an Evo just so I could play with it but never did anything with it.

Well, I want to install some games for her, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how.

Data Radio: No service
Wifi: Phone does not have WiFi
SD: No on-board app to navigate SD card, SD also does not seem to be recognized as Fat, FAT32 or NTFS (2gb Kingston)
Bluetooth: Does not support object push or data transfer
USB: Im running Win 7x64, cannot find a driver. Driver installs successfully but device will not start (as its originally a WinMo phone)

I have the APK files, but cannot figure out how to install by SD or any other means. Any suggestions. I would prefer non complicated ways, or if I could just get an APK of ASTRO file manager on the phone the rest would be cake (I think)
Old 10-17-2010, 01:23 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How to install apps on Unactivated HTC Vogue w/ Android 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Juggalo View Post
So ive been racking my brain for the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to do this, but I want to give this phone to my niece as it no longer has service. I installed Android on it prior to me getting an Evo just so I could play with it but never did anything with it.

Well, I want to install some games for her, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how.

Data Radio: No service
Wifi: Phone does not have WiFi
SD: No on-board app to navigate SD card, SD also does not seem to be recognized as Fat, FAT32 or NTFS (2gb Kingston)
Bluetooth: Does not support object push or data transfer
USB: Im running Win 7x64, cannot find a driver. Driver installs successfully but device will not start (as its originally a WinMo phone)

I have the APK files, but cannot figure out how to install by SD or any other means. Any suggestions. I would prefer non complicated ways, or if I could just get an APK of ASTRO file manager on the phone the rest would be cake (I think)
switch your service from evo to 6900 for a hour or so till you get stuff straight, ive done this on many phones before.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Evil Juggalo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Evil Juggalo Send a message via MSN to Evil Juggalo Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Juggalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
switch your service from evo to 6900 for a hour or so till you get stuff straight, ive done this on many phones before.

Thought about it, but I have an employee line that I really should no longer have and try to not do anything to push my luck.. I may do that as last resort, but for right now I just to find a way while its unactivated.

Any way to put the APK on the SD and assign it to auto install on boot? something like that.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Evil Juggalo is a n00b

Person on [H]ardForums gave me this info.. Anyone ever installed anything this way?

1) Setup the Android dev tools and use ADB to install the APK via USB (the Android SDK contains the USB drivers for debug mode, they might work)

2) Use the web browser. You can type the url "file:///mnt/sdcard/<something>.apk" It's a bit tedious (and case sensitive), but it works. I would recommend you pick a file manager as the first thing to install

Im gonna give em a shot tomorrow when I get the phone back.. My niece was so excited to get a phone she took it even tho its completely useless at the moment.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion