PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:48 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Awesome article about Task Killers - "To Use or Not to Use, That is the question"

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them
Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Awesome article about Task Killers - "To Use or Not to Use, That is the question"

I did find not running a task killer ended up better for me. Ya apps and widgets start on their own, but I ended up getting the same in a days time on my battery with a task killer set to auto kill on aggressive as i did just letting phone do what it does. But i did notice that with task killer set to aggressive and auto kill every half hour of everything, that when I woke phone, the clock and widgets needed to load like the phone came on for first time. alarms never went off (not sure now as I don't use them). and with 2.2, market is always on, and when updates are avail, it auto downloads them. With a task killer, it would not. When I feel my phone is getting buggy, I just reboot it.

ironic as with the jump from wm to android and all the talk of not doing a soft reset daily, I find myself doing a reboot once a day at least. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

Last edited by jpwhre; 09-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work
Re: Awesome article about Task Killers - "To Use or Not to Use, That is the question"

I thought Tested.com's article was even better;

Android Task Killers are Dead
Old 10-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Thanks for the articles! Found Watchdog Lite in the Marketplace and giving that a whirl.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I only use ATK just to kill an errant app that won't close right and I don't want it sucking up battery.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

brandonpa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I only use ATK just to kill an errant app that won't close right and I don't want it sucking up battery.
Ditto on that. Ever since upgrading to Froyo (non-rooted) my battery life has been shorter than ever. I use task killers to get rid of extraneous programs, and it does seem to help me get through the day on one charge with light-medium usage.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion