PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2010, 05:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thegameksk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for advice on evo vs epic

I am planning on getting one of these phones next week. I have a few questions:

1) How bad is the GPS on the Epic and do we know when it will be fixed?

2) I have heard that HTC sense works extremely better compared to whats on the Epic. How bad is it on the Epic and can it be changed?

3) When will Epic be getting Froyo?

4) I have heard that the Epic is extremely buggy. Has this happened to anyone and if you had to return it did your next Epic have the same issues?

5) I know Samsung hasnt always did a great job of supporting and updating their devices. Is this also true for the Epic or have they gone on record and said they are planning timely updates? Ive had HTC phones and know they are always being supported and updated. This is a key issue for me.

Thanks guys any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Jaydoggy is a n00b
Re: Looking for advice on evo vs epic

It sounds like you have already made up your mind. I have an Epic 4G and it is my first android phone. I absolutely love it. I am coming from the Touch Pro 2 which had Sense UI and I have had no problems adapting to Samsung's Touchwiz. As far as the phone being buggy, I haven't had any issues. The phone is quick in everything that it does, the videos are beautiful, especially when they are blu-ray quality. There are some customizations that you can download for the Epic that are better than the standard Samsung widgets. Beautiful widget is great for a Sense style clock and weather widget. A buddy of mine has the EVO 4G and he loves it. I prefer the keyboard over complete touchscreen interface. I personally have not had any issues with the GPS, but I hear some people do. I am sure that it will be fixed with the Android 2.2 update that will come late this month or next. I'm sure this phone will be supported by Samsung for quite some time, however, if you are like me you do not keep a phone for longer .than a year and if you do, there is always Devs that are tweaking and updating ROMs, so it should not be an issue.

Also, I just ordered an Epic 4G for my wife because it is a great phone
Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

thegameksk is a n00b
Re: Looking for advice on evo vs epic

Actually I was always leaning toward the Epic. All of those potential issues had me worried though.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion