PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA UNLOCKED Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

LinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLinearBurn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contact manager

I’m coming from win mobile 6.5x and still currently own a tp2 although i just ordered an epic and want to know what contact managers are like the outlook one on my win mobile phone ( i use alphabetical sort by last name, address phone number for all locations , bday etc.) this phone is business oriented and needs to have this stuff. ) i have a huge contact list 500+ all with that previous info. I have used the moment my wife has and the dialer and contact list is the only thing that sucks ass that i have found. This issue concerns me greatly. Anyone know of a contact manager/dialer that would suit my needs? BTW is there a way to sort the apps in to folders like on win mobile?

thanks in advance
Nathan
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Contact manager

I came from a TP2 to an Evo. A few differences, but not major. My contact list if just a bit over 500. With the TP2 I got in to the habit of loading everything in to the first name line, leaving the last name line blank. Doing this allowed me to search on first/last and whatever else I was able to stuff there.

The search function in Android does an ok job. I still stuff everything in to the first line by habit, but it is not really necessary. In addition, using the "People" application and the search button on the lower right does an ok job of finding things.

With the Palm I used a software package by SHSH Software called Takephone. Shimon has a similar application for Android called aTakephone at his site, http://www.shsh.com. I enjoyed the Palm release and this one is coming right along.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion