PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

HTC Dave is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HTC Dave
Android based MP3 Player... Yes/No?

Seriously, if Google came out with a MP3 player that ran on Android, would you buy it? Think about it, it has worked for Apple with the iPod touch running iOS (same OS that runs off the iPhone). Post your comments...

Like my sig? Try out my Signature Set!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Used many Smartphone Devices, but I have EVOlved
Carrier: Sprint

forty01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to forty01 Send a message via MSN to forty01 Send a message via Yahoo to forty01 Send a message via Skype™ to forty01
Re: Android based MP3 Player... Yes/No?

No, because I would just use my Android phone, one less device, one less price
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

HTC Dave is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to HTC Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty01 View Post
No, because I would just use my Android phone, one less device, one less price
See, I don't use my phone as an MP3 player. Because that just drains the battery. I'd rather keep my juice so I can actually use my phone as a phone and not as a MP3 player. I think it's good to only use it if you have a power source hooked up to your Android phone.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There actually is one that is coming out...It is pretty much a Galaxy S with no cellphone in it...

YP-MB2 (Galaxy S PMP)

http://www.samsunghub.com/2010/08/12...-pmp-pictures/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

Not here, I don't like carrying so many gadgets. I use the phone as an mp3 player when in my car. I plug a charger into the phone and and cable into the phone and other side into the car (has an aux plugin).

Occasionally I'll use it when I'm flying but I will be carrying a small battery re-charger and be careful that I never run the battery down to zero.

Also, I've had an early Samsung mp3 player and I hated it. I suppose their new ones are a different ballgame but I can't get past that first one, plus the fact that it just isn't necessary to have both nowadays.

R
Old 08-13-2010, 03:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
Not here, I don't like carrying so many gadgets. I use the phone as an mp3 player when in my car. I plug a charger into the phone and and cable into the phone and other side into the car (has an aux plugin).

Occasionally I'll use it when I'm flying but I will be carrying a small battery re-charger and be careful that I never run the battery down to zero.

Also, I've had an early Samsung mp3 player and I hated it. I suppose their new ones are a different ballgame but I can't get past that first one, plus the fact that it just isn't necessary to have both nowadays.

R
Well that new one is a full blown Galaxy S minus but with a worse camera...so it cant be that bad >.>

But based on statistics of the iphone..the itouch is mostly used by young teens where as an iphone by adults...not saying this hold true for everyone, just a results of a demographic survey I read a while ago.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Link to Survey? I know quite a few of my friends that use Touch's and I use mine every time I run which is about 6 times a week. Just curious where you saw this.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Link to Survey? I know quite a few of my friends that use Touch's and I use mine every time I run which is about 6 times a week. Just curious where you saw this.

ok I think this is it..I read it from somewhere else which had a nice bar graph and all but you'll have to settle for text :/

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/06/iphone-vs-touch/
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Interesting. Seems incorrect from what I know of people who have Touch's, but that is just me.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Interesting. Seems incorrect from what I know of people who have Touch's, but that is just me.
That may be the case for you but for most others it is not I guess...but it makes sense...

1) most people that have an iPhone won't really bother getting an itouch....

2) most parents won't buy an iphone for a teen mostly due to expensive plans the iphone comes with...

3) Teens like ipods and probably want iphones but sicne their parents won't give them one they settle for an itouch

makes sense?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion