PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: This is pissing me off...

Next, buy SetCPU from the Market ($1.99) and install it. Then open it, grant it superuser access (always) and let it automatically detect your settings. After that, click on the Profiles tab at the top then click on Add Profile. You will see this screen:

Set it up like in the screen shot (condition, max, min, governor and priority) and click the Save button. You will then be back to the Profiles tab, which will show your new profile:

Click back to the Main tab and ensure that scaling is set to ondemand (default) and check the box for Set on Boot. You are now good to go with SetCPU.

Here is a screenshot of my battery level for today. I unplugged my EVO at 6:45am today and have not charged it at all. I have made a few phone calls, sent some texts, installed a few apps/games, surfed the web, and generally played around a little. I only plugged in for a few seconds to grab the screenshots, that is it.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

Whoa.....umm..what rom are you running? Is it the Fresh Evo one? Does it come with the cool penguin? =p
Old 08-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, the latest Fresh ROM with a few addons (theme and a mod or two).

The penguin you asked for is on my PC at home... I'll send it to you tonight.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Awesome, thanks for the setup walk through.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsp48 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the setup walk through.
You are welcome! I hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Personally I include ATK in my ROMs just for the fact if I want to kill apps I can. I do understand Googles standpoint on task management, but I don't understand why on a fresh boot, it's compelled to launch all the apps that it does...sure if the app is part of Sense, I understand, but cmon foorprints, news, stocks, Qik, FM Radio? not to mention the extra apps I included in the rom or installed after, they dont need to autolaunch unless I need them to.

ATK just gives me that control

Here's a good article that was just sent to me...Thx Vancer!

http://thedroidguy.blogspot.com/2010...r-hurting.html

Activity Life Cycle...

Last edited by OMJ; 08-05-2010 at 07:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Booo Sense.....Sorry I had to get that in there. Still waiting for a Sense-less ROM from you OMJ. Great info on the settings Rain! Just used that setup for one of my profiles
Old 08-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Booo Sense.....Sorry I had to get that in there. Still waiting for a Sense-less ROM from you OMJ. Great info on the settings Rain! Just used that setup for one of my profiles

thats wut im waiting for as well
Old 08-21-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Next, buy SetCPU from the Market ($1.99) and install it. Then open it, grant it superuser access (always) and let it automatically detect your settings. After that, click on the Profiles tab at the top then click on Add Profile. You will see this screen:

Set it up like in the screen shot (condition, max, min, governor and priority) and click the Save button. You will then be back to the Profiles tab, which will show your new profile:

Click back to the Main tab and ensure that scaling is set to ondemand (default) and check the box for Set on Boot. You are now good to go with SetCPU.

Here is a screenshot of my battery level for today. I unplugged my EVO at 6:45am today and have not charged it at all. I have made a few phone calls, sent some texts, installed a few apps/games, surfed the web, and generally played around a little. I only plugged in for a few seconds to grab the screenshots, that is it.

What theme are you running to get the blue icons in your status bar?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will7272 View Post
What theme are you running to get the blue icons in your status bar?
Looks like this one. Could be wrong though
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30&postcount=2

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion