PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Run Android on your PC or Laptop..for real.

Want to run Android on your PC or Laptop?

This is pretty cool, did it this morning.

If you have troubles with getting your internet to work in it, what I did was put my EVO in USB tethering mode,plugged it into my PC..then booted the PC and it worked great.

1. Download Android from here..android-x86-1.6-r2.iso
2. Download UNetBootin

Now you have a few choices... either just burn the ISO to a cd (and boot your computer off it) or use unetbootin to make a usb thumb drive bootable with the ISO image on it.

Here are some better more detailed instructions.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrena1bNl18 -- cheesy video of it on my pc.

Last edited by apristel; 07-23-2010 at 02:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Run Android on your PC or Laptop..for real.

Ill skip for now but I bet this would just be freaking awesome on a tablet or any touch screen computer.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Ill skip for now but I bet this would just be freaking awesome on a tablet or any touch screen computer.
ya that or maybe an old school slow pc... since this requires nearly no computing power to run smoothly.

I've got a ton of old laptops thinkin about putting this on one and running my 7" lcd in the car as a media hub... i dunno . tons of possibilities.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, soon EVO

Kingtut18 is becoming a great contributor

pretty cool, but is this android 1.6? So it doesn't support flash?

I plan on trying this at work, later.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtut18 View Post
pretty cool, but is this android 1.6? So it doesn't support flash?

I plan on trying this at work, later.
Ya its an older version of Android, but its still neat.

I'll work on a newer version...

I didn't make this one, so credit is for whoever did...follow the better instructions link in the OP for more info.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thats awesome...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:52 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

pretty cool to see it early..

Google said @ I/O that ANdroid was coming to tablets,laptops, and netbooks..

i might have to play around with it.. good find though
Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Why not just use the emulator via SDK for an android experience? 2.2 is included.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Why not just use the emulator via SDK for an android experience? 2.2 is included.
With this you don't need an emulator. Yeah understood it's 1.6, but you would be able to run this on a machine without an OS...I think that is where the coolness is...
Old 07-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: verizon

xport is a n00b

I have a XP Pro machine with a Lilliput touchscreen. Anyone have any idea if there would be a driver out there for the 7" lilliput. This used to be my in car PC. This would be awesome!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion