PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
which android should i get?

I have an open line with sprint with no phone on it. Looking for a good device for my kid, he is 15 that the wireless tether app will work on when rooted and not the evo. Any suggestions? Been watching craigslist for a while waiting for the good price on a hero.

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-19-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: which android should i get?

Get this one. I heard it get great reception.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Silly me what was i thinking? I knew that was out but wasn't sure if was avail on unlimited data.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Silly me what was i thinking? I knew that was out but wasn't sure if was avail on unlimited data.
Lolz sorry, I have the evo its easy to use and the best phone I have ever had. I would recommend it.

CW
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well it works on all android devices when rooted...I mean even a TP2 with a ported android can tether....

in the end it boils down to how sprint will handle the data soon enough...

There was a document about sprint will Throttle data some time this fall...guess is it will effect the "none premium" devices....

As for the best Android device, definitely the Sprint Epic 4G

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well it works on all android devices when rooted...I mean even a TP2 with a ported android can tether....

in the end it boils down to how sprint will handle the data soon enough...

There was a document about sprint will Throttle data some time this fall...guess is it will effect the "none premium" devices....

As for the best Android device, definitely the Sprint Epic 4G
thats up for debate. (not the Epic part)

CW

Last edited by WarChild; 07-19-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ya but i have an evo for myself and getting an android off evilbay or craigslist for a teen that just as well break it, not paying full price for an other evo. Not opening an other line for cheaper price from sprint when i have an open line. Actually it has a touch pro on it that i broke and not paying insurance claim for a run down out of date device. I would rather pay used price on a newer device and not get new line that wont be used.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Ya but i have an evo for myself and getting an android off evilbay or craigslist for a teen that just as well break it, not paying full price for an other evo. Not opening an other line for cheaper price from sprint when i have an open line. Actually it has a touch pro on it that i broke and not paying insurance claim for a run down out of date device. I would rather pay used price on a newer device and not get new line that wont be used.
Does you EVO have insurance? aka take the TP, put it on your line, give it to sprint (maybe they'll replace it with a TP2)..and after coming back from sprint store swap it back to the EVO?

Then you can give the replaced TP/replaced TP2 to them...
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I have an evo on 1 line with insurance a rumor2 on an other line with insurance and a to on a last line with insurance. I broke the touch pro and swaped parts from an old touch pro from cricket with shot screen. Device did not go together right and slideout keyboard is seperated from screen when closed and the screen did not com back on after switching parts. Yes i kept the screen from busted sprint device as well as board and dex msid sticker. Black dot that covers screw just fell off sprint device so i put it back on. Since i don't want to do fraudulant replacement just to get an other outdated pos refurbed tp, i would rather just buy a phone. Since i am being onhest about f-en up my phone and not wanting to be dishonest about a claim, can i get an honest suggestion about a phone i can buy for my kid please?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I have an evo on 1 line with insurance a rumor2 on an other line with insurance and a to on a last line with insurance. I broke the touch pro and swaped parts from an old touch pro from cricket with shot screen. Device did not go together right and slideout keyboard is seperated from screen when closed and the screen did not com back on after switching parts. Yes i kept the screen from busted sprint device as well as board and dex msid sticker. Black dot that covers screw just fell off sprint device so i put it back on. Since i don't want to do fraudulant replacement just to get an other outdated pos refurbed tp, i would rather just buy a phone. Since i am being onhest about f-en up my phone and not wanting to be dishonest about a claim, can i get an honest suggestion about a phone i can buy for my kid please?
I was assuming it was in decent condition with minor damage...not that much lol

Motorola i1 - comes out july 25th...uses Iden network and may not be easy to root as motorola ahs been very picky lately

Samsung Intercept - The newest android phone with pretty much redone of the Samsung Moment..don't know if it has been rooted...probably the best device but don't know how community will support it

Hero - Nothing that great but probably the easiest to hack out of them all...with a lot of development already on it..hardware wise its the worst though

Samsung Moment - Obsolete now that the Intercept is out

So my suggestion is go with the Hero or the Intercept...I'd say TP2 with Android but at the moment the port is not complete so :/

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion