PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore
Contacts Issues and odd stuff

I am like most of us an Android Newbee. For years have been with WM or old Palm. Is there a way to get my contacts to show up like in WM. I had it set to display as: Company, last name, first name, do I need a new program? Also I always ran Mobile Shell and likes having all my important contacts under one button, how do I do that? And last when my phone synced with my gmail account it pulled all and I mean ALL of the addresses I have ever sent anything to. Can I stop that, and how do I get rid of the ones already on my phone?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Contacts Issues and odd stuff

Moved to General Android Discussion
Old 06-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Contacts Issues and odd stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
I am like most of us an Android Newbee. For years have been with WM or old Palm. Is there a way to get my contacts to show up like in WM. I had it set to display as: Company, last name, first name, do I need a new program? Also I always ran Mobile Shell and likes having all my important contacts under one button, how do I do that? And last when my phone synced with my gmail account it pulled all and I mean ALL of the addresses I have ever sent anything to. Can I stop that, and how do I get rid of the ones already on my phone?
If you go into your gmail account on a PC and go to contacts, there are pre-made "groups"

My Contacts
Friends
Family
Coworkers
Starred in Android
All Contacts
Most Contacts

^^^ those are the groups I see. You can go through and assign specific contacts to groups and sync those groups to your phone. That should take care of your first problem. As for the second issue, you should be able to go to contacts on your phone and choose which groups to sync. Personally, I put all my "real" contacts under My Contacts and sync that group. This way, every single person I've ever emailed doesn't show up in my contacts.

Hope that helps.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion