PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: envy touch
Carrier: verizon

orth_8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need your help asap

hey guys i bought a droid on the net and it come up to be stolen.
i was wondering if there is anyway i could ever use this phone or am i out the 500 that i spent on this? maybe i could unlock it? i dont know .. i need someones help.. thanks guys ..
Old 01-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You won't be able to activate it... how exactly did you acquire this phone?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: need your help asap

If you bought in on the Internet then you should report the seller and try to get your money back. Ebay allows for arbitration and PayPal has the ability to help you as well.

That said, the phone is stolen and you know it. Still trying to use it is both immoral and illegal. If you have any question about the immorality of it, think about it this way. If it was your phone that was stolen and someone else bought it, wouldn't you want them to try to get it back to you?

I recommend that you do the right thing. I know it sucks that you may be out the money but the right thing is still to get the phone back to the rightful owner.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Contact the police in your town and where you bought it from.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero - Freshified :)
Carrier: Sprint

gazment is keeping up the good workgazment is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to gazment Send a message via Yahoo to gazment

Look through the phonebook and try to find the number of the poor bastard that sold you the phone. I'm sure you have their number if you bought it from craigslist or someplace similar.

Don't let this scum get away with selling you this phone. If he won't take it it back tell him your filing a police report. Post his number here as well i'm sure there are a few bored people at work that would love to call this con man.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If you bought in on the Internet then you should report the seller and try to get your money back. Ebay allows for arbitration and PayPal has the ability to help you as well.

That said, the phone is stolen and you know it. Still trying to use it is both immoral and illegal. If you have any question about the immorality of it, think about it this way. If it was your phone that was stolen and someone else bought it, wouldn't you want them to try to get it back to you?

I recommend that you do the right thing. I know it sucks that you may be out the money but the right thing is still to get the phone back to the rightful owner.
+1.
The rightful owner might evn throw you a few bucks if you slyly mention that it costed you 500$. lol.
Never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazment View Post
Look through the phonebook and try to find the number of the poor bastard that sold you the phone. I'm sure you have their number if you bought it from craigslist or someplace similar.

Don't let this scum get away with selling you this phone. If he won't take it it back tell him your filing a police report. Post his number here as well i'm sure there are a few bored people at work that would love to call this con man.
Or just go kick his butt and get your money back lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizion

Magik_Missles is a n00b

How did you end up paying 500 for a phone that was not New In Box? Brand new at Verizon the phone is only 550 or so.

If you went through an online site, I agree to file a complaint. If you went through an individual and used cash, good luck.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

The OP was definitely a "one hit wonder" here at PPCG. He tried to get the info on activating a stolen phone, didn't get the answers he was looking for, and hasn't been back since (check his profile).

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion