PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2010 HTC Devices -- My Theory

After scouring over the recently leaked roadmap, I found something interesting. If you read these two slides...

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/..._htc_bravo.jpg

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/..._htc_bravo.jpg

...you will notice that they list the 'Bravo' at the top. However, if you read the actual text they clearly mention the 'Incredible', once on each slide. This is capitalized and not used as a mere adjective. Was it a marketing slip-up. The Incredible is also mentioned here...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/03/h...ithin-2-1-rom/

...as an upcoming HTC device. My opinion is that the Bravo = Passion = Dragon = Incredible. Furthermore, I believe it will break down like this:

Dragon = HTC Project/Codename (will never be used by any carrier)

Bravo = European GSM variant

Passion = T-Mobile USA GSM variant

PassionC = Verizon CDMA variant

Incredible = Sprint CDMA variant (possibly with WiMax; HTC has stated they will release 4G device(s) in 1H of 2010)

I could be completely wrong, but I believe the Incredible is another designation of this very same device. Be on the lookout.

Last edited by johnnycakes2; 12-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

synaptyc is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
Re: 2010 HTC Devices -- My Theory

Bravo! Quite an Incredible thread! =)
This is the phone I am holding out for.... unless they say it will be the later half of 2010, then i'll just get the Droid and envy all you lucky jerks that could wait for the Bravo/Dragon/Incredible/Passion(c)/Magnificent/Nifty/Neat-o/...whatever...
Old 12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Here's my update.

Today we learned from Engadget and other sources that the "Incredible" is allegedly going to Verizon.

Since we know the Dragon was HTC's codename for the upcoming series; and that the Passion is now known as the Nexus One; and that in the batch-dump ROM from several weeks ago a Passion and a PassionC were both listed, then we can assume the Passion is the T-Mo/AT&T unlocked Google phone coming out in January, and ultimately Sprint will receive the PassionC version. The Incredible will be the US-branded CDMA version of the Bravo as mention in previous literature.

I'm a little disappointed with this as I feel the Bravo/Incredible is superior to the Nexus One, and only Verizon will get, if this goes according to plan. T-Mo's coverage is unacceptable and it will only get EDGE out of AT&T. I would have liked to have seen the Bravo/Incredible on Sprint. Shame.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

But this is still guessing game, not really written fact right? besides what's the difference from verizon version and sprint's version? aren't they pretty much the same thing?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, it's all still up in the air, but the rumors and the facts are starting to come together in this general direction.

As for the differences between the Nexus One and the Bravo, I think it worked out like this: Google went to HTC and said we want you to build a phone to our specs so we can sell it without subsidy. HTC said fine, and threw together what amounts to a Hero on 'roids, i.e. a trackball and similar exterior styling, etc. Meanwhile, HTC decided to do their own next-gen device while not sharing its advancements with Google, i.e. identical internal specs as the Nexus One (Snapdragon, AMOLED screen, etc.) however they left the best for themselves, i.e. optical joystick, better external styling, Sense UI 2.0 etc. This, again, is just another one of my many conspiracy theories.

In essence they are the same device, and HTC is simply filling in the carrier gaps with the Incredible wherever Google does not sell the Nexus One in the U.S. But if they are mostly the same, I would rather have the Incredible for the reasons mentioned above. It's everything the Nexus One is and then some, plus, with HTC's software, it will have out-of-the-box multitouch. Never a bad thing.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion