PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO FTW

o0adam0o is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Random Hard Resets on Custom ROMs (SEE IMAGE)

Mine did this 2 times.. it freezes and then i have to do a reset... so it turns back on and everything is gone like a hard reset ... im gonna try to reflash... anyone have a link to the first mightyrom release? Mine never did it on the first release..
Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers
Threadstarter

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ya this looks like a mighty rom problem.

I flashed to Mr. X rom and it happned to me the first time I tried (I did run sdconfig.txt) I then reset with clear storage when it started to bug out on me and did not run sdconfig and it has held the flash longer than any of hte previous times. So here's hoping...

I am thinking that this is either a problem with sdconfig running, or perhaps a problem that occurs when you try to overwrite files in the windows directory. It also might have to do with mighty RUU delivery package

If you're still having this problem on the mighty rom, try doing what I did. Mr.X's rom is as close to a straight GSM port as possible so that's why I chose it, get back to basics.

I can't do anymore testing of this bug until sunday as I'm heading out of town for hte weekend and need my GPS to get around the crazy freeways of montreal.

Last edited by briggs; 11-13-2009 at 09:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

The Touchpro2 is a very sensitive device ..... some of the problems that you may encounter from some of the roms is indeed a error between the kernel and the OEM
Old 11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Ive never had this issue, and ive flashed about 1000 times now, ive flashed about 100 times a day for the past 2 weeks hell i flash in my sleep.....

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Hero
Carrier: Telus

freebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfreebie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Although Im not flashing a 100 times a day...Ive flashed enough. I have not had any reset issues with Juicy or MM ROMs. The only thing that I have not done, compared to most, is flash to stock. Could flashing to stock possibly cause reseting?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebie View Post
Although Im not flashing a 100 times a day...Ive flashed enough. I have not had any reset issues with Juicy or MM ROMs. The only thing that I have not done, compared to most, is flash to stock. Could flashing to stock possibly cause reseting?
Who knows what's going on really.

I can honestly say I've got more flashes under my belt than anyone here... I've had this happen ONCE... on HSPL release day...

Never again.

Still don't know what it is.

Although i can say, it's not rom specific...

It might be the US Cellular 6.5 kernel.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I was wondering. (Mighty mentioned this as well)

Could this just be just sprint/verizon/ etc? I'm on sprint. No problems here...

For those who have had this issue, please tell us what network you are on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 11-14-2009, 01:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor

I am on sprint with MightyMike Rom. I have flashed my TP2 3 times with no problems. I am also curious as to what carriers are having problems.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

I had the issue (but not with the actual screen showing) a couple of times. Running CFay's great ROM on Sprint I narrowed the issue down to one of 2 things: (1) a task bar or (2) a 1% driver. I deleted both and have not had a random hard reset since. I believe MM warned people in his thread that the majority of taskbars aren't built to work nicely with the new roms and their updated WinMo. Thus, I think the taskbar I had installed was the culprit.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I had the issue (but not with the actual screen showing) a couple of times. Running CFay's great ROM on Sprint I narrowed the issue down to one of 2 things: (1) a task bar or (2) a 1% driver. I deleted both and have not had a random hard reset since. I believe MM warned people in his thread that the majority of taskbars aren't built to work nicely with the new roms and their updated WinMo. Thus, I think the taskbar I had installed was the culprit.
I have Sprint as well, but have never installed a custom taskbar or 1% driver. Definitely not the culprit here. Also, doesn't seem to be ROM-specific (as it happened to me on several different ROMs).

Forums and columns for all sports fans!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development