PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Random Hard Resets on Custom ROMs (SEE IMAGE)

I had this screen, but it was because I installed something incompatible with the custom rom that I flashed. Hard reset and didn't install the cab the next and the problem hasn't come back.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers
Threadstarter

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by setox View Post
i have not had that screen but i have got the phone just fully restarting on me at random 2 - 3 times a day
ya this is what I'm experiencing.

sometimes it just hangs at the touch pro 2 boot screen and then I have to drop it into bootloader and reflash. I've tried 4 mighty roms, even a pre-release beta and I am still having htis happen. I am thinking of flashing back to stock, relocking and bricking my phone to return it at this point.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

mongoose0318 is becoming a great contributor

Have had this happen twice to me on my TP2. Both times it followed when I forgot to charge my phone overnight and it turned off due to low battery. The next day after charging and turning it back on it got to that hard reset screen. First time I hard reset following the directions and second time I just hit the rest button on the side. It booted back up with only a half reset (all manila settings reset, but programs still installed). Don't know what was up with that but at least I didn't lose everything. Also it kept my emails but lost my activesync settings.

Both times on mightyrom but I don't think that is the source of the problem. Had this happen once on my TP1 but was after losing battery as well. I figure it is like a bad shutdown on the computer causing it to need a refresh of the windows directory (hence why programs still installed).
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kd8fre is keeping up the good workkd8fre is keeping up the good work

I had this issue after updating From the original MightyMike Release to the 11/09/09 rom. After talking to Mike, and a few others on the IRC channel, I decided to flash back to the stock rom and then update to the 11/10/09 rom. I did that, and have not had that issue since.

KD8FRE
(All have been Sprint)
If I have been of any help, please hit the fancy "Thanks" button in the corner!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

ive flashed my rom probably close to 50 times and never had this happen or anyone else testing my rom
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

it seems everyone who is having this problem is on mighty rom.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am using the first mighty rom before 11-10 and have never had this problem. This some is solid. Matter of fact I was suprised how stable it was compared to rom I was using on the touch pro before i upgraded.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
it seems everyone who is having this problem is on mighty rom.
actually someone on the first page stated cfay however mighty is the most popular based on thread hits so asking which rom isn't going to give u balanced results... I agree this is like a bad crash... kernel panic or similiar.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

In the last two days, it's happened to me once on Mighty's 11/9 release, once on Mighty's 11/10 release, and once on one of the NRG ROMs.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

i have flashed energy and juicy ROMs many times and have not had the issue

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development