PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
[KITCHEN]-VZW-WM6.5.1 23071 *unsupported*

OK, unsupported is probably the wrong word. I can support the kitchen with no problems I just no longer have a TP2 so I cannot *TEST* things you do. The kitchen as-is makes a titanium-only very slim ROM.

Well the time has come for me to return my evaluation touch pro 2 back to verizon. I did manage to create a working kitchen for it though and was not going to release this until I actually *HAD* a TP2, but figured why not ... some people might be able to learn from it or just have fun seeing something other than the VK.

Known issues: USBtoPC Popup does not work. I do not know why, I probbaly missed a hidden dependency. Anyone familiar with my TP kitchens will have a head-start.

Simply answer the questions when it prompts:

at this time there is only titanium (or none), so enter titanium for build. the kitchen readme that follows is cut straight from my TP kitchen thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Kitchen README:
Before we begin, I feel obligated to say that this kitchen is for advanced users. You will need basic batch scripting skills to modify the kitchen script and basic ROM/kitchen knowledge to add SYS/XIP, etc.

That said, I will try to help as much as I can with your endeavors with my kitchen, but once you start deleting things I put there, expect to hit some bumps. It is best to make a copy of the entire kitchen and keep it unmodified then play with the other copy.

Welcome to raidzero's baseline kitchen! This kitchen is based on bepe's platformrebuilder. it is designed to show people the power and flexibility of platformrebuilder. (the visual kitchen by ervius is based on the same thing)

What you need to know:

YOU MUST BE AN ADMINISTRATOR ON YOUR MACHINE AND ON VISTA/WIN7 HAVE USER ACCOUNT CONTROL DISABLED. YOU WILL GET ERRORS OTHERWISE.

anything that is in EXT,SYS,OEM will be cooked in to the ROM as long as there are no _skip files in the folders.
by default, my kitchen looks for the following components in the following places:

ROMHDR=ROM\(buildversion)\romhdr.bin
XIP=ROM\(buildversion)\XIP
SYS=SYS\(buildversion)
OEM=OEM
EXT=EXT\Baseline\*\* (this means it will look in subfolders in the ext folders, use this to categorize EXTs)

(if you want to make your own ext folder and not use mine at all just make a folder alongside mine and update the batch file)
When you first start the kitchen, it will prompt you to enter the name of your ROM. This name will appear in the RUU utility when it reads the NBH at flash time. next it will ask you what version you are building. Enter the build you want. (you can add your own SYS if you want, just name it accordingly) Next it will ask if you want Titanium or Manila. Enter the one you like, or neither for no titanium or manila. Next tell it whether or not you want to leave out SYS items that I deem worthless. this is used when adding virgin SYS and you wanna keep it that way. Next you will be asked to set the pagepool. after that is done it will hexpatch shell32.exe\s000 against timebomb. This is good if you want to run for more than one month, otherwise MS will shut down the phone.

At this point platformrebuilder will take over and do it's magic. Right before the XIP is implanted (new window will open up for that) you will notice the memory map. Since we are using a 6.5 native kernel it is good to have as many modules as possible, but keep slot 0 clear. Right after HTC ROM tool runs and you set the pagepool, you will be asked to enter in your changes. Put anything you have changed between builds in there and hit enter. This will be saved and timestamped to changelog.txt. I have included this feature because sometimes I get carried away and make tons of changes and then cook, something is broken but I cannot remember what all I changed. As long as you actually use this feature, it should help with this.

The NBH file will go into RUU. A file called changelog.txt will also be present there. use this to track your changes!

If you want to add anything to the kitchen just place it in EXT in the build folder you're adding for and make a new folder under that folder with your name, place your EXT's in there. be sure to delete any _skip files.

If you add your own SYS/XIP: need to know that I have wince.nls in OEM, so it carries across builds and simplifies things.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have a TP2 any more. I just packed it up and sent it off with fedex this means I cannot support this kitchen really at all (other than stuff like HOW to use it, how to add packages, how to add sys and xip...), so this is provided as-is purely for fun.

Download: http://raidzero.alexauv.com/kitchens...%20RHODIUM.rar

Last edited by raidzero; 11-09-2009 at 04:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: [KITCHEN]-VZW-WM6.5.1 23071 *unsupported*

why would you have a kitchen that is not supported? and why do you not have a tp2 anymore?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
why would you have a kitchen that is not supported? and why do you not have a tp2 anymore?
because the TP2 was just a demo unit from VZW... and just for people to play with and maybe learn something besides VK. I do plan to get a TP2 as soon as I can get out of contract with sprint.. but that will not be for a while. I just posted it so people had some alternative to the norm. for those that are interested, the link is up.

and I can support it without a TP2, I just cannot TEST anything

Last edited by raidzero; 11-09-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
because the TP2 was just a demo unit from VZW... and just for people to play with and maybe learn something besides VK. I do plan to get a TP2 as soon as I can get out of contract with sprint.. but that will not be for a while. I just posted it so people had some alternative to the norm. for those that are interested, the link is up.

and I can support it without a TP2, I just cannot TEST anything
I'd be happy to test for you. I have yet to see a kitchen that gives me what I want. Perhaps you and I could help each other out. What I'm looking for is basically an Imagio WM 6.5 ROM with weatherclock manila, minus the FloTV parts, adapted to the TP2 with a few common tweaks (getting rid of resproxy, unsigned software installation enabled, push internet disabled, etc.) and supporting the hardware keyboard. All of the ROMs out there now are carrier neutral, but I don't want to have to install CABs for MMS, etc. every time I hard reset. I want something that "just works" for Verizon, keeping the stock startup animations, etc. A HUGE bonus would be getting rid of the Widcomm BT stack and replacing it with the MS stack

Having said all this, I've never created a kitchen before and don't have the time to learn how. Perhaps we can work something out. i'd be willing to compensate you.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
I'd be happy to test for you. I have yet to see a kitchen that gives me what I want. Perhaps you and I could help each other out. What I'm looking for is basically an Imagio WM 6.5 ROM with weatherclock manila, minus the FloTV parts, adapted to the TP2 with a few common tweaks (getting rid of resproxy, unsigned software installation enabled, push internet disabled, etc.) and supporting the hardware keyboard. All of the ROMs out there now are carrier neutral, but I don't want to have to install CABs for MMS, etc. every time I hard reset. I want something that "just works" for Verizon, keeping the stock startup animations, etc. A HUGE bonus would be getting rid of the Widcomm BT stack and replacing it with the MS stack

Having said all this, I've never created a kitchen before and don't have the time to learn how. Perhaps we can work something out. i'd be willing to compensate you.
I tried replacing widcomm with ms, didnt work. I can remove widcomm but I don't know how to make the ms stack work afterwards. the widcomm stack is provided in the kitchen as an EXT. this kitchen does not contain any manila and I think I replaced the startup animations with my own. btw removing resource proxy breaks a few things like calculator, quickGPS, mp3trimmer...

but I could do a quick mod of the stock rom to get you what you want probably
Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
I tried replacing widcomm with ms, didnt work. I can remove widcomm but I don't know how to make the ms stack work afterwards. the widcomm stack is provided in the kitchen as an EXT. this kitchen does not contain any manila and I think I replaced the startup animations with my own. btw removing resource proxy breaks a few things like calculator, quickGPS, mp3trimmer...

but I could do a quick mod of the stock rom to get you what you want probably
Perhaps getting rid of resource proxy was the wrong phrasing. I was referring to setting the resproxy cache size to 0 in the registry. PM me and we can talk more about all this. I'm familiar enough with the process that I could add my own ext's, but i've never gotten into the SYS, XIP, etc. I'm interested to hear about the details of your MS stack attempts also.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development