PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
hey guys to update my phone to a new radio do i have to unlcok my sim card ??

i went to the website but i see that the program aint free =(
yes to get a new radio you need to be sim unlocked, I haven't really noticed any reception gains over the stock sprint radio though.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Re: HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
i used to use ppcpim backup but now google sync is just way nicer and no worries about losing the contacts with the phone/sd card
Yea that's worried me too. But what I like about PPCPim is that I can back up more than just contacts and all into one file. What I would like to do (and I have yet to try to figure out) is find a way to have my PPCPim backup files automatically uploaded to something like google sync or some other way to have it save off of my phone.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

after you back it up, just e-mail it to yourself as an extra measure.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: verizon

gigapimp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Do you have to do the SIM unlocker is you are CDMA?
Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigapimp View Post
Do you have to do the SIM unlocker is you are CDMA?
you only have to if you want to flash a non stock RADIO or use a GSM sim card and run it under att/tmobile, but there is no added signal benefit to the patched radios so I would say no you do not have to if you are planning to use your current carrier associated with the phone.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
after you back it up, just e-mail it to yourself as an extra measure.
Yea, but I am thinking of something that will work automatically. PPCBackup runs automatically for me every night at 4am when I am most likely sleeping. I would like a way for that file to be auto sent by my phone somewhere right away. I would even settle for a separate program that I could set to run at 4:30am to send the freshly backed-up file.

Thanks though for that idea.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

i bet a mortscript could be written to do just that
Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i'm trying to flash the latest mightyrom. first time flashing from the card. using pocket rar to extract the .nbh. it asks me the password. i've tried "mightyrom.com". no luck. what password?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
i bet a mortscript could be written to do just that
I don't know much (okay...anything) about mortscript, but you mind PMing me some details on doing this?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexplorer View Post
i'm trying to flash the latest mightyrom. first time flashing from the card. using pocket rar to extract the .nbh. it asks me the password. i've tried "mightyrom.com". no luck. what password?
that is the correct password, ill try downloading it today and trying over my lunch break.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd