PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

zztoolzz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to zztoolzz Send a message via MSN to zztoolzz
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

If I do this on my Sprint TP2 will I be able to go across seas and use a non-US sim card over there?
Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztoolzz View Post
If I do this on my Sprint TP2 will I be able to go across seas and use a non-US sim card over there?
you dont need to use this for overseas on the sprint tp2. it's already sim unlocked for that.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

been searching.. will look more, anyone remember..? thought there was a post that stated a sprint user would be able to use all of verizons towers after this?
Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
been searching.. will look more, anyone remember..? thought there was a post that stated a sprint user would be able to use all of verizons towers after this?
this is for sim unlocking. allows you to use other gsm carriers service. verizon is cdma
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
this is for sim unlocking. allows you to use other gsm carriers service. verizon is cdma
....errrr ok...... Sprint SIM's are unlocked,
Sprint actually needs: ("security"/"radio unlocker") to allow you to use a patched (unlocked) radio...

SIM unlocker=Verizon (SIMs are locked),
Security (radio) unlocker=Sprint SIMs aren't locked.. security unlocker for radio & then you still need to use a patched radio.

http://www.1800pocketpc.com/tag/supercid
"CID lock (aka vendor lock): Carrier Id - put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them. Commonly used in the form `CID-Unlocking`. If you purchase your phone (example) from 3Mobile (3Mobile is the ‘carrier’), your phone will only accept 3Mobile ROMs (the carrier’s ROMs). If you want to flash ROMs from other carrier, you’ll need to CID-unlock your phone, so that your phone will accept other ROMs. All bootloaders (apart from HardSPL and SSPL) will only allow a ROM with the correct CID to be flashed onto the device. A device which has been CID unlocked will have ‘SuperCID’ which allows ANY ROM to be loaded onto the device, SuperCID also unlocks the Ext_ROM and allows it to be mounted.Note: In general, the phrase ‘unlock your phone’ usually refers to SIM-unlock, not CID unlock."

.... thanks have read a ton on this, GSM US, yea.. Verizon locks their SIMs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is some confusion however, between this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=26

...and this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...78&postcount=7

or this one:
"Originally Posted by Syriel View Post
By default, the stock Sprint radio only has support for GSM 900/1800 (Euro bands) even though the hardware supports GSM 850/900/1800/1900. When you flash Oli's WU radio to the Sprint TP2 it re-enables support for GSM 850/1900 (NA bands).
The reason that Sprint disabled the (NA bands) is because the Sprint TP2 (unlike the VZW TP2) is SIM unlocked from the factory. The VZW TP2 ships with full band support, but it is SIM locked from the factory."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

gotta find that thread.. can't find it... suppose to have offered some benefit using new radio even if you don't want to use GSM SIM... many have reported higher bar levels & thought for sure someone mentioned ability for Sprint (CDMA) to use Verizon (CDMA) towers with this...

Anyone know the post or answer? Or, have corrections to my summary?

Last edited by teradog; 08-10-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: edit 10... ha!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

Luzboss is just getting started

hey. ive hadmy phone unlocked for several months now and it has worked flawlessly ever since. using a custom rom by xpressyourcell too. the only thing i havenever gotten able to work is tethering. ive tried searching for the answer but all i keep getting is how to reg edit for use on sprints service... im on att so the forcecellconnection= sprintpcs obviously wont work. but actually when i went into those settings it says "data connection" instead. i hook it to laptop and it says its waiting for network but never actually connects. it just sits there. i changed all the data setitngs in the phone to use media net which alowes everything else to work but this. is there something in the registry i need to change to tell it to use atts network??? for example, forcecellconnection= media net or somthing like that?? has any ever done this or got it working?

and a side question.... i see some people talking about using the wifirouter prog or connecting to a router.... wouldnt that defeat the purpose of tehering? y not just connect the comp directly to the router???
HARDSPL: 1.00 by Olinex
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member - Retired

put this tethering post in the main TP2 forum & you'll get a bunch of responses....
you may want to search the forum first for tethering, it's been addressed zillions of times... you may want to give additional details... USB or Wifi.. if wifi, perhaps HTC wifi app, otherwise if USB checkout wifirouter
Old 08-13-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
if there's a post in here that says that, it's 100% false. The only way to do that would be to switch your service over to verizon. Unless you're standing directly inbetween a verizon tower and a sprint tower and you tell your phone to force roam, then it would probably use that verizon tower. As i said before, this thread is for sim-unlocking, which allows you to use different gsm carriers sim cards.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Lurker

Tatiania is a n00b

Hi, I've got a VZW Touch Pro 2 and am a total n00b to this. I've gotten into tweaking my phone, appearance, adding and removing features using CAB files.
I've read everything in this thread or post. I'm still confused about flashing radios and just about everything else.
Is there a tutorial for dummies like myself that explains this all so a 2yr old would understand it? I really want to get into flashing custom ROMS and doing big changes instead of just CAB files to change the appearance of my clock.
What I really want to do is get an HD2 and use it on my existing VZW service, I read that doing something to my SIM and putting into an unlocked HD2 would make it possible.
After reading this thread, I'm even more confused, so, is there a thread or threads for newbs and dummies?

Thanks
Tatiania
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiania View Post
Hi, I've got a VZW Touch Pro 2 and am a total n00b to this. I've gotten into tweaking my phone, appearance, adding and removing features using CAB files.
I've read everything in this thread or post. I'm still confused about flashing radios and just about everything else.
Is there a tutorial for dummies like myself that explains this all so a 2yr old would understand it? I really want to get into flashing custom ROMS and doing big changes instead of just CAB files to change the appearance of my clock.
What I really want to do is get an HD2 and use it on my existing VZW service, I read that doing something to my SIM and putting into an unlocked HD2 would make it possible.
After reading this thread, I'm even more confused, so, is there a thread or threads for newbs and dummies?

Thanks
Tatiania
the hd2 is a gsm phone, so it will not work on verizon because verizon is cdma. completely different. gsm is at&t and t-mobile. cdma is verizon, sprint, uscc... (just to name a few)

the verizon tp2 is cdma and gsm. you can call verizon and get the sim unlock code and use it on t-mobile or at&t, if you wanted.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-15-2010 at 06:04 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development