PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ★SharkieROM★4/24/11-Updated★Version 5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

I swear it used to take me to a mostly blank screen entitled Managed Programs. I thought the screen was always blank because I didn't have any mananged programs. I was never really sure what that meant exactly.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

slthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslthomas00 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: 4-24-11-SharkieROM X CE ROMs Up!★SharkieROM v5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Interesting theory. This is the first negative thing I've heard about uTask so far, or possibly relating to uTask, maybe... Thank you.

I'll do some looking around in that thread. I've still never experienced this issue. I'm assuming after you've removed uTask, it hasn't happen again since?
Yes - certainly only a theory. This was the first time I tried out uTask. As I mentioned, if I am reading an email and I click "X" - it would exit out of the email app completely. Normally without uTask it would just go back to the message list. May very well be a uTask configuration issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: ★SharkieROM★4/24/11-Updated★Version 5.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

@ KJ,

Meltwater said that RSS Tab error message you got is most likely caused by the cooking of RSSUtilDebug.xml into the ROM. Easy enough fix.

Did it ever start working for you?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-31-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Any of you who downloaded the beta able to test the Twitter tab out?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Never use twitter on this device anymore. Tried to login via sense tab and gives error of incorrect username and password. Can log in through opera browser and motweets. I'm putting a couple links for people unfamiliar with the Twitter issue since I too was out of the loop due to having a newer device for daily use.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=34951

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=34836

Last edited by steveo70; 05-31-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:22 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Yet another good catch! Thanks!

Yeah, I meant to include it, but forgot. Adding it as we speak...
u kno how i do

Quote:
Can someone remind me what

"Settings Tab\Application\Manage Programs" is supposed to lead to.

It seems I've broken that somehow in the beta. Clicking on it does nothing.
from what i remember someone told me long ago...its for like corp. or companies that have multi devices they can run a program or something to install i think ota the companies must have apps an such.
it really will do nothing for the single user. but your right it did use to bring up the manage programs screen which would be empty for majority of us. i also tested this and its broken lnk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthomas00 View Post
Yes - certainly only a theory. This was the first time I tried out uTask. As I mentioned, if I am reading an email and I click "X" - it would exit out of the email app completely. Normally without uTask it would just go back to the message list. May very well be a uTask configuration issue.
maybe now you bring it up i may have noticed this but thought it was a glitch or something. but i noticed this on v5 and not yet on v5.1. ill keep an eye out

another thing i just noticed and read from a recent post is the threaded email. maybe i never noticed cause i never had email conversations...that is till my moms got deployed. now i see the threaded email and its great! have to get used to this.
Quote:
@ KJ,

Meltwater said that RSS Tab error message you got is most likely caused by the cooking of RSSUtilDebug.xml into the ROM. Easy enough fix.

Did it ever start working for you?
no, i never did get it to work. could you upload the rss tab icon as png? i wanna try to use this as the rss widget rss icon. i have to 2nd my own opinion agian on the keeping rss txt orange...after looking at the fb tab w/ the blue this is great mix w/ fb orignal color s blue

i was trying out your ucweb agian cause i heard it got great improvements in the newer release. just messing w/ settings and you can dl different themes...i kinda like the uc w/ orange. but i think ill give this a go for awhile.

while i was browsing ppcgeeks user control panel on opera i keep getting out of memory error every 10-20 secs. i checked the memory and i really cant remember which is which? main storage memory is...device space (apps n shit) and program is ram?
Quote:
Any of you who downloaded the beta able to test the Twitter tab out?
i tried it but never did the save process so of course a no go. i think motweets is better anyway
Old 05-31-2011, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I found this post in the Opera thread over at XDA:

xda-developers - View Single Post - All Opera Mobile/Mini versions: Official thread

I tried what he suggests and then opened up and played around in PPCGeeks, opened up tab #2 to XDA and played around there, then opened up another tab and went to the Sprint site and messed around there, all with no out of memory errors. It seems like deleting that registry entry works.

I do not believe the ROM has a memory issue, more just Opera being stupid. I've never really paid much attention to tweaking Opera, cuz I rarely use it. If you guys know of more tweaks and such that you think I should set as it's default, please share.

In any event, thanks for bringing that to my attention KJ, try that fix and let me know if you get any more errors.

Here's that .png too. It's a small one cuz I assume you need it a small size, let me know if you need a bigger one.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2202FA31_manila.png (10.0 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 05-31-2011 at 11:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I never have memory issues with opera mini/UCweb and use it daily at home on your ROM. I know this plagued the Energy forums at the end of last year. Some said pagepool but I remember Energy posting regarding new ROMs w/memory fixed. I agree I think it's an Opera issue.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Finally got around to flashing beta, busy holiday. I see you got the memory issue fixed and back to normal again. Since I knew I was going to flash ROM, I wanted to do a comparison of X ROM to beta. I did a soft reset when I went to sleep and mem went from 86 to 71 when I got up in 7 hours. New ROM went from 96 to 90 in same time frame. There was a mem leak somewhere and the only difference in my setup is that I didn't put SimClock like was in X ROM. I always replace start menu & use MMApp to get a little more RAM.

Haven't had a chance to do too much testing yet but haven't noticed anything wrong besides what has been listed already.

btw... I never have memory problems with Opera mini either.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Meltwater's got some exciting news about the future of the RSS Tab! It's going to kind of be like the "Friend Stream" widget for android. RSS, Facebook and possibly Twitter all in one tab!! Exciting possiblities!

xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] RSSTab Project - Developer Thread - (New Development!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development