PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Kitchen] Easy To use [XDA Repost]

I just wanted to share this amazing easy to use kitchen w/your guys I downloaded from XDA last week,I used it to extract the Sprint stock 6.5(I even tried stock 6.1)into this kitchen and removed all the Sprint bloatware and junks from the stock rom,the kichen also includes a utility to convert cabs to EXt's so you can have them in your rom,try it yourself and post how your guys like it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628948
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Very easy to use kitchen

thanx op, looks kinda interesting.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not too shabby! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
thanx op, looks kinda interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
Not too shabby! Thanks for sharing.
No problem.Infact,I was surprised that no boby here ever mentioned this b4.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

yeah i used this before. it cooks much much slower than VK and a little difficult to setup if your use to other kitchens but all in all its neat. i like that its under development though. best part is it list out the sys files and tells you whats useful or useless...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Ondra initially developed it for Kaiser back about a yr ago! Its been around the block for a while...as smith said, it runs a lot slower than EVK. If you have your kitchen setup for EVK, it is pain in the butt to switch! lol
Old 04-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai6908 View Post
Ondra initially developed it for Kaiser back about a yr ago! Its been around the block for a while...as smith said, it runs a lot slower than EVK. If you have your kitchen setup for EVK, it is pain in the butt to switch! lol
It's true that it it runs slower than EVK,but it extracts the stock ROM's nbh into the kitchen a lot easier and organized very well into the kitchen for you,I just needed to uncheck the stuffs that i don't need and build.I found this is easier for me to just want to remove craps from the stock ROM,just my 2c.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:01 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Excellent find - thanks for sharing.

I just used it to import the new Sprint ROM .nbh, made a few tweaks, cooked and flashed. Worked well.

The build process seemed fast to me, so I just timed a build with this kitchen and several with 3 different EVKs. Right at 1:00 for this, and EVK varied from :35 to 1:40 depending on whose variant of the kitchen I used. So, yes almost twice as long in one case - but only 30 seconds

Last edited by willysp; 04-12-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
It's true that it it runs slower than EVK,but it extracts the stock ROM's nbh into the kitchen a lot easier and organized very well into the kitchen for you,I just needed to uncheck the stuffs that i don't need and build.I found this is easier for me to just want to remove craps from the stock ROM,just my 2c.
FYI, Indagroove has a new EVK kitchen using the Sprint dump & structure and also with 23557.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
FYI, Indagroove has a new EVK kitchen using the Sprint dump & structure and also with 23557.

Thanks for the info.,I'll take a look at it.BTW,in your previous post,you mentioned you tweaked the stock rom using the kitchen,did you tweak the registry?how did you modify the registry inside the kitchen?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development