PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: PagePlus

XxQuikSh0txX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TOOL] Task 29 (format internal Memory) without drivers, witout mtty

I think I accidently messed this up..

I ran task29 without a .nbh file in it, and now whenever I goto the bootloader screen I cannot get a connection to my computer. Am I missing something here? or what?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxQuikSh0txX View Post
I think I accidently messed this up..

I ran task29 without a .nbh file in it, and now whenever I goto the bootloader screen I cannot get a connection to my computer. Am I missing something here? or what?
activesync does not work with phone in bootloader mode. so, dont worry about that. Just connect the usb cable and then you should see it say USB on the bottom of the phone screen. then flash whatever you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Lurker

Thats the problem I cannot get it to get the active sync connection.
Thanks for the fast reply
Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Lurker

When do I plug the usb in?
If im not being clear I am getting stuck at the touch pro 2 splash screen? I think its called.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Lurker

Ok sorry guys I was mis-read the instruction and was pressing down+send+end instead of down+end.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:19 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

wow...lol. glad you got it. i didn't understand what you were talkin about. plus, i think you misread my post above. i told you not to worry about activesync connection because it doesn't work in bootloader mode.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
this task 29 use the rom update utility. you have to run it just like you would when you're flashing a rom.
Thanked again however need further clarification

From SD card:

Ok so to flash from my sdcard I unzip the rom and change the nbh file to rhodimg.nbh then restart and enter boot loader.

So how do I run Task29.

Are you telling me to remove the nbh file and press vol down plus shutoff button and it will run Task 29.

From Active Sync:

Unzip rom then remove nbh file and lnsert Task29.exe Run Rom Upate utility and it will flash Task29.exe is that correct

Im sorry im just a little confused. Please clarify.

Thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

@modmyppc
this is how you use the task29 from post #9.
download the task29 exe to your desktop.
establish activesync connection with phone.
then open the exe.

thats it. same as you do to flash roms.

Last edited by razorloves; 07-27-2010 at 04:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor

Ok guys, I think task29 killed my phone (TP2 Verizon)I was trying it for the first time and followed the instructions. I put the latest vzw radio on my phone and after task29, flashed a rom that I wanted (MaxSense Timberwolf).
Ok everything was honky dory until i tried to make a call. I got Network authentication failed errors when trying to access the net for data, and everytime I tried to make a call, even if it was to a known working number, I would get the operator message "the number you dialed is not a working number....."

Even after flashing back to the stock rom i still had the same trouble. So I called verizon and they said i needed to reprogram my phone manually. I was able to get thephone working again, but we couldn't get data back on. So they had to send me a new phone.

Long and short- My phone was fine until i used task29. I'm thinking i did something wrong, but i followed the instuctions as stated (I've flashed a million times before with no trouble). I like the idea of task29, but won't use it if it bricks my phone. Any idea what went wrong? or better yet, anyone know how to get this fixed? I still want to use the data on my phone if possible before the new one arrives
Old 08-06-2010, 12:36 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvictor017 View Post
Ok guys, I think task29 killed my phone (TP2 Verizon)I was trying it for the first time and followed the instructions. I put the latest vzw radio on my phone and after task29, flashed a rom that I wanted (MaxSense Timberwolf).
Ok everything was honky dory until i tried to make a call. I got Network authentication failed errors when trying to access the net for data, and everytime I tried to make a call, even if it was to a known working number, I would get the operator message "the number you dialed is not a working number....."

Even after flashing back to the stock rom i still had the same trouble. So I called verizon and they said i needed to reprogram my phone manually. I was able to get thephone working again, but we couldn't get data back on. So they had to send me a new phone.

Long and short- My phone was fine until i used task29. I'm thinking i did something wrong, but i followed the instuctions as stated (I've flashed a million times before with no trouble). I like the idea of task29, but won't use it if it bricks my phone. Any idea what went wrong? or better yet, anyone know how to get this fixed? I still want to use the data on my phone if possible before the new one arrives
did you do a *228 option 1?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development