PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 08:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: 07/24/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Dimahnbloe, must agree with the rest on a great post. 40 rep and one post? you will be a vip on rep by sundown. lol ask vin but i think a driver cab isnt needed with his roms.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Good job D'bloe! You've now hit sixty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimahnbloe View Post

I must say your roms are usually pretty good, but I feel like I have to share and recommend two specific builds that I am completely blown away by because you hit the mark on all the right areas.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

21899 (or was it 21889?) is officially released build.No wonder its fastest

Ok,here is TUT how to make custom winmo theme:

1)copy classicblue.tsk to your PC
2)rename it to classicblue.tsk.cab
3)now its a cab file and you can use wince cab manager to replace images inside (stwater_480_800.jpg and stwater_800_480.jpg)
4)Save as "your new name".tsk.cab
5)rename to "your new name".tsk
Theme is ready to use.Best place to store them is in root of SD card (not in folders).

Last edited by vin255764; 07-25-2010 at 01:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You guys are truly awesome...

The rep points are more than appreciated. I probably flash just as much as the next guy. But because I was not able to contribute to the cause, it did not feel right in adding to the burden of those reading this thread.

The other reason I didn't post is that you guys seem to answer the questions I had before I even had the questions to ask. Does that make sense?? You guys tend to be on top of everything when it comes to mods and adjustments that I would want to make to my TP2 and then some. I am a true believer in the search function and it has served me well.

Finally, the main reason I don't post is that vins roms are so smooth and problem free that there is no reason to really post. His kung-fu is so good that it is slowed the growth of this thread to a snails crawl compared to some others.

If I had to use three words to describe this thread and the people that post in it, I would have to say these three things in the following order: Efficient, Concise, Enlightening. Seriously, you guys have done a fantastic job at making this threada fantastic knowledge base of stuff on vins build. I bet you that there are plenty of others like me who don't post and feel the same way.

I do have a question that I have had for a while and using the search function does not help because I am not to sure of what I am looking for (therefore don't know what search terms to put it in). I believe strongly in tit for tat so after posting my question I will post something that I think others might find useful.

Question:
There was a plutonium build that had a cool color coded interface for the SMS/MMS after clicking on a message in the Sense Tab and getting to the arc-soft client. Unfortunately the build used in the current interface is simply black font only and is not as easy on the eyes and does not aid in quickly discerning who sent what. I know I cant get it to look like that by click on the default Microsoft sms client outside of sense/arc-soft on some builds, but in the plutonium build I am referring to, it was integrated right into the sense/arc-soft client. I found the font size and color coding pleasing when viewing and responding to messages and would love to know how to get it back.

Tip:
You can speed up your oper 9.7 web browsing experience by doing the following:

Change Adaptive Zoom Settings:
1. Open up Opera and type in opera:config in the address bar
2. Expand the adaptive Zoom section and change the following information:

Browser Buffer Height to 1920
Browser Buffer Width to 1080
Initial Zoom to 100 (mess with this to your liking)
Virtual screen width to 1080

Note: I only consider this a speed increase because I believe that the more that can displayed on the zoom overview, is the less you have to scroll to get to the content that you want to zoom into. Some people would prefer the content to be legible without zooming at all so the default setting maybe fine for them, but for me I would rather simply have the full canvas available to me and double tap on the area that I would like to see. Content on Web pages also fit better with these settings. Images are in their right lace and do not overlap in areas they should not be. Most content is not designed to fit on 800x480 default settings.

Change Performance settings:
2. Expand the Performance section and change the following information:

Max Connections to Server to 6
Max Connections total to 6
Network Buffer size to 42

Note: The network buffer size should be directly proportional to Network and device speed. If you use you TP2 on Wifi primarily, try going above the 42 until you begin to notice a decrease in web page load times. A buffer size of 64 on my girlfriends HD2 is OK on the Touch pro2 I seem to lose speed with it.

Change user agent settings: to one that Identifies your browse a desktop using internet explorer. I do this to avoid the alternate code that some web developers have written specifically for firefox and opera and other non ie browsers. Sometimes this code is slower for your browser to read and is generally not necessary with more recent builds of opera mobile

Change browser JavaScript setting:
2. Expand the User Prefs section and change the following information:

Browser Javascript from 3 down to 0

Note: This is one of those you will want to experiment with and I am not sure why it does what it does but I usually gain 2 to 5 seconds on per page load time performance on web pages when doing this.

Change your update Delay settings: to match your real-time network speeds. This one is one of the more beneficial settings when it comes to browsing and it should be adjusted according to how fast your device is and the speed of the network at the location that you often use your phone to browse on. I will break it up into four sections:
2. Expand the User Prefs section and change the following information:

Slow Device/Slow Network: (Best Settings for most TP2 users)
First update Delay to 4000
Update Delay to 4000

Slow Device/ Fast Network: (Tp2 users with mild over clock)
First update Delay to 3000
Update Delay to 3000

Fast Device/Slow Network (Tp2 users When over clocking)
First update Delay to 2000
Update Delay to 2000

Fast Device/Fast Network (Snapdragon Users)
First update Delay 1000
Update Delay 1000

Note: Device Speed can be increased by over clocking or simply having a well built ROM with a good System build like 21899. Network Speed is based on a number of factors, including ROM and actual network your connecting to. Just like Device Speed, Network Performance for me on TP2 Seem to greatly Depend on the system build and radio used. This setting seems to take away some of the over head on the cpu associated with browsing the web. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but the in my experience the longer the update delay, the more data your phone can download before displaying the content, so the less overhead on the cpu. The shorter the delay, the more times that cpu on the device has piece-meal content together and the more sluggish the performance feels.

Hope this is useful for somebody out there. You guys have done a fantastic job at making first time poster feel at home. Have a good one fellas.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

like i said you will be a vip by tonight, great second post and love the kind words to all of us in this thread.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
like i said you will be a vip by tonight, great second post and love the kind words to all of us in this thread.
+1.....thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:58 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
+1.....thanks!
he does like to type though, cant quote them posts or site will crash. lol
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
+1....thanks
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimahnbloe View Post
You guys are truly awesome...
Yea agreed with the rest..it seems like you have a good bit to contribute here. Keep up the good work and thanks for some good insights and views!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
he does like to type though, cant quote them posts or site will crash. lol
hahaha...wasn't going to say anything about that due to the content being so great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Yea agreed with the rest..it seems like you have a good bit to contribute here. Keep up the good work and thanks for some good insights and views!
Hey, who blew the dust off purian?!?!?! just joking, good to see you, and +1 on your comment!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development