PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung X475>MotoROKR Z6m>Touch Diamond>TouchPRO 2
Carrier: Cingular>Verizon>ATT(current)

xTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxTSFx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon OEM Update

To update the radio does the battery still have to have a 50%

Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTSFx View Post
To update the radio does the battery still have to have a 50%
The only reason they recommend you have at least 40-50% battery life is to ensure that the device doesn't die mid-flash. As long as you have enough battery to complete the 5 minute process of flashing a new ROM/Radio, you'll be fine

Obviously, the more battery life you have available the safer you'll be
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

jordiphish is a n00b

quick question:

I know that upgrading to stock 6.5 will include a better bluetooth stack (so my parrot hands free will finally work like it's supposed to!) if i don't like 6.5 (i have my phone set up soooo perfect for me on 6.1 with spb shell), and i go from 6.5>>>6.1, i know it will keep the new radio... will it keep the bluetooth improvements, or are those tied into the rom spefically....

can i even go backwards to a STOCK VZW6.1 after upgrading??

thanks!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordiphish View Post
quick question:

I know that upgrading to stock 6.5 will include a better bluetooth stack (so my parrot hands free will finally work like it's supposed to!) if i don't like 6.5 (i have my phone set up soooo perfect for me on 6.1 with spb shell), and i go from 6.5>>>6.1, i know it will keep the new radio... will it keep the bluetooth improvements, or are those tied into the rom spefically....

can i even go backwards to a STOCK VZW6.1 after upgrading??

thanks!
Yes, you can flash back to stock 6.1 whenever you want, but you'll lose the newer bluetooth stack.

And even if you lose the radio, you can always flash it independently in the radio thread
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

You CAN go back to 6.1, You CANNOT keep the bluetooth stack, you would need to do a small workaround to keep your radio

(taking out the nbh from the exe and flashing from your storage card for example)

If you run the 6.1 exe directly, it will reflash the previous radio.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: vzw

jordiphish is a n00b

thanks so much for the quick replies!!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
I always sneak my replies in just before you, Mighty
I could make it like your reply never existed

Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 AM
12stringchap

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I tried HTC FM Radio. I don't get any errors but I don't get sound either.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I liked to the wrong thread hehe...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342

This will not hard reset your device

radio link is dead !
Old 01-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
I could make it like your reply never existed

Not if I delete it first...

Take a look, boss. You just replied to a non-existent post

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development