PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Chefs, ROM Builders and Grill Masters (request)

I used a ROM that would auto accept Exchange Policies when attempting to Synchronize for the first time, no need to click OK to allow this to happen. I have figured it out to be an entry in the registry for a HTC service

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\HTCAP]
"PolicyToastAccepted"=dword:00000001
"Prefix"="HAP"
"Index"=dword:00000000
"Order"=dword:00000009
"Keep"=dword:00000001
"Context"=dword:00000001
"DisplayName"="HTC Application Service"
"Description"="HTC Application Service"
"Dll"="HTCApplication.dll"
The thing is I've tried to use UC to put this registry entry there, which it does and to copy two files HTCApplication.dll and HTCApplication.dll.0409.mui, with that tweak it's hit or miss, haven't quite figured out why it misses sometimes yet. I think that this service needs to be activated BEFORE exchange is configured... problem is, my UC does all of it and doesn't give the service a change to start

I would like to reuqest for builders to start putting this into their ROM, it would be a simple yet elegant feature to have...

Thank you for your time
Old 07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Re: Chefs, ROM Builders and Grill Masters (request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I used a ROM that would auto accept Exchange Policies when attempting to Synchronize for the first time, no need to click OK to allow this to happen. I have figured it out to be an entry in the registry for a HTC service

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\HTCAP]
"PolicyToastAccepted"=dword:00000001
"Prefix"="HAP"
"Index"=dword:00000000
"Order"=dword:00000009
"Keep"=dword:00000001
"Context"=dword:00000001
"DisplayName"="HTC Application Service"
"Description"="HTC Application Service"
"Dll"="HTCApplication.dll"
The thing is I've tried to use UC to put this registry entry there, which it does and to copy two files HTCApplication.dll and HTCApplication.dll.0409.mui, with that tweak it's hit or miss, haven't quite figured out why it misses sometimes yet. I think that this service needs to be activated BEFORE exchange is configured... problem is, my UC does all of it and doesn't give the service a change to start

I would like to reuqest for builders to start putting this into their ROM, it would be a simple yet elegant feature to have...

Thank you for your time
what does this do??
Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
what does this do??
when you run active Sync the first time to sync to an exchange server it innforms the user that they have to accept the policy being pushed down from the Exhange server before you can sync information. adding this will, hopefullu, auto accept the policies. see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezchange.jpg (11.6 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
when you run active Sync the first time to sync to an exchange server it innforms the user that they have to accept the policy being pushed down from the Exhange server before you can sync information. adding this will, hopefullu, auto accept the policies. see attached
i will add it and u can try if u want
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:47 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

thank you for looking into this, I used a ROM that had it and the next release it did not
Old 07-26-2009, 08:11 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

My suggestion would be to try to include everything in your UC setup as possible.

I would imagine that if you were to use UC to completely shut of the radio as the first task or line item in your UC script, then this will probably work with 100% reliability.

Code:
EXEC:\Internal Storage\RadioControl.exe -radiooff

<insert lots of UC stuff here>

EXEC:\Internal Storage\RadioControl.exe -radioon
I don't recall the kind soul who developed the radio control application.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Attached Files
File Type: rar RadioControl.rar (6.2 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
My suggestion would be to try to include everything in your UC setup as possible.

I would imagine that if you were to use UC to completely shut of the radio as the first task or line item in your UC script, then this will probably work with 100% reliability.

Code:

Best regards,
-boggsie
Thank you for your suggestion, I do have everything being setup using UC and I have resolved this issue without it having to be in a ROM HERE

What does that RadioControl.exe do?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:20 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, I do have everything being setup using UC and I have resolved this issue without it having to be in a ROM HERE

What does that RadioControl.exe do?
RadioControl.exe is a very simple program that allows one, based on command line syntax, to turn the radio or, turn the radio off or to cycle the radio (whatever cycle the radio means).

I use it to reduce interference when my UC script is running. When the radio is on, you can receive calls, text messages, etc. So, I turn the radio off to eliminate such interruptions. Then, the last command before RST is to turn the radio back on.

Additionally, some application installers will ask to turn off the Activesync connection to make updates. I have found that turning off the radio, terminates the Activesync connection and the prompt to turn off Activesync no longer occurs.

It is this last item which makes me wonder if you might benefit from this technique. Perhaps shutting down communication (via turning off the radio) will enable the copying of these two *.dll files to be a little bit more repeatable.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
RadioControl.exe is a very simple program that allows one, based on command line syntax, to turn the radio or, turn the radio off or to cycle the radio (whatever cycle the radio means).

I use it to reduce interference when my UC script is running. When the radio is on, you can receive calls, text messages, etc. So, I turn the radio off to eliminate such interruptions. Then, the last command before RST is to turn the radio back on.

Additionally, some application installers will ask to turn off the Activesync connection to make updates. I have found that turning off the radio, terminates the Activesync connection and the prompt to turn off Activesync no longer occurs.

It is this last item which makes me wonder if you might benefit from this technique. Perhaps shutting down communication (via turning off the radio) will enable the copying of these two *.dll files to be a little bit more repeatable.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Great explanation!!! This would have been a route I could have taken if I didn't come up with my own because that is the exact problems I was facing, ActiveSync was attempting to make connection to the Exchange server before the HTCAP service was started and that's why it was crapping out... the service needed to start first that's why the reboot needed to take place before ActiveSync would auto accept my toast!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:

Code:

Best regards,
-boggsie
I couldn't sit with not being able to link to the to the author ... so I am coming back to give the author credit.

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJVolubilis

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development