PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drnick5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [06.24.09] *Silence & MightyMike* Production

im not sure if this is a bug with the phone.. or the ROM (I''ve had this happen with version of mighty rom 4 as well)

Last night I put the phone on the charger next to my bed, and when I woke up, the circle button at the bottom was lit up, but the phone was completely frozen (when I pushed the "wake up" button it wouldn't respond, even holding the power button did nothing. I was forced to pull the battery and reboot.

anyone else have this problem before? its happened a few times to me in the past week with various roms.

or should I just accept that this is a windows based phone, and a crash every now and then is normal, haha.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

butchwhitt is a n00b

My signal strength has been way down on the indicator since I started using Mighty ROMs and I live within sight of a tower, however I've never had any problems while out driving in low signal areas that would drop on the OEM ROM
Old 06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchwhitt View Post
My signal strength has been way down on the indicator since I started using Mighty ROMs and I live within sight of a tower, however I've never had any problems while out driving in low signal areas that would drop on the OEM ROM
don't understand your post. Your signal is better in low areas...sounds like it's working for you. These ROMs don't affect the radio or signal. If you are getting better signal in low signal areas, than good for you.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
im not sure if this is a bug with the phone.. or the ROM (I''ve had this happen with version of mighty rom 4 as well)

Last night I put the phone on the charger next to my bed, and when I woke up, the circle button at the bottom was lit up, but the phone was completely frozen (when I pushed the "wake up" button it wouldn't respond, even holding the power button did nothing. I was forced to pull the battery and reboot.

anyone else have this problem before? its happened a few times to me in the past week with various roms.

or should I just accept that this is a windows based phone, and a crash every now and then is normal, haha.
did you hard reset after you flashed? how many times have you soft reset after the flash?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
did you hard reset after you flashed? how many times have you soft reset after the flash?
yes, I always make sure to do a hard reset after flashing using the clear storage.

I've probably done a soft reset...3 or 4 times maybe? on this flash anyway
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown2680 View Post
I just have one question...Why isn't the stupid startup sound disabled??? Does anybody like hearing those stupid chimes?
i liked the long flute intro!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Carrier: US Cellular

Demigawd is a n00b

In case anyone cares I was able to get MMS working with this rom on US Cellular. I installed ARCSoft MMS and after messing with the server settings for an hour or so, with the help of a few other forums, with no joy I went back to the stock rom and borrowed the registry keys responsible for the server set up.

All you have to do is install ARCSoft MMS and then import this registry file and it just works. This is from a freshly hard reset phone so it contains no customer info from my phone. There is probably a better way to do it but I surely couldn't figure it out. I just figured I would pass this along to anyone else who needs MMS on US Cellular.

Also I posted it here because I have no Idea where it really belongs but there have been people in here asking about MMS on various cariers, I appologize if it is in the wrong place.
Attached Files
File Type: rar USCellular_MMS_Registry_Key.rar (970 Bytes, 29 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Demigawd; 06-25-2009 at 11:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
N00b
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

butchwhitt is a n00b

Sorry to be unclear about my signal strength post.... My signal (reception or whatever) is as good or better than it ever was. On the OEM ROM it always displayed 5 bars at home (living within sight of the tower) while on the road (I live in a rural area) a call would drop in certain places. Now, on Mighty Roms, it doesn't drop nearly as often but the signal strength shown on the phone at home is between 1 and 3 bars. I've never understood it but as long as it works as well as it does I don't care what it shows.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awr118 View Post
This may seem a little odd, is there a way to get the original sprint operator logo back on the home tab? The one with the word Sprint and next to it the yellow logo.
Try the file below.... It is a white flip clock like the one currently on this ROM & it has the Sprint logo in the upper right hand corner.... To install extract the files & copy into your windows folder via Total Commander or Resco file Exporer & the soft reset...
Attached Files
File Type: zip White Flip Clock with Sprint Logo.zip (60.0 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-25-2009, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

abscess is just getting started

great rom! super fast and stable, and yesterday's release fixed my only issue regarding keyboard funkiness

works great with juicy47 western ezinput 2.0

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development