PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
2 new radios

hey guys just found 2 new radios are availabe one is the verizon and the other is alltel tryed to upload them here but kept getting an error so there over at smartphone junkie.com if i get a chance i will get the link for them and post in this thread asap.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf
Re: 2 new radios

Um, why not check the radio thread and maybe post them there. Your thread will just be merged with it anyway.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcman724 View Post
hey guys just found 2 new radios are availabe one is the verizon and the other is alltel tryed to upload them here but kept getting an error so there over at smartphone junkie.com if i get a chance i will get the link for them and post in this thread asap.
You're a little late man. They've already been posted in the radio thread. The new verizon one was posted 2 days ago and the new alltel one was posted 10 days ago.
thanks though

Last edited by razorloves; 06-11-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

So there are 9 radios available now?

I have not seen a good explanation of what one radio does that another does not in theory. You'd think if one radio had a better algorithm for connecting to one kind of tower while another had a better algorithm to connect to another kind of tower, or under another set of circumstances, it would be possible to predict which radio would work best beforehand, and even make a custom radio that takes the best elements of whatever radio is available.

I wouldn't be shocked if there is bit-by-bit, no difference between radios.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
So there are 9 radios available now?

I have not seen a good explanation of what one radio does that another does not in theory. You'd think if one radio had a better algorithm for connecting to one kind of tower while another had a better algorithm to connect to another kind of tower, or under another set of circumstances, it would be possible to predict which radio would work best beforehand, and even make a custom radio that takes the best elements of whatever radio is available.

I wouldn't be shocked if there is bit-by-bit, no difference between radios.
Obviously you haven't tried them out. Once you do, you will then see the differences and possibly, like many other, see a huge performance gain.
Yes, there are 9 radios to choose from currently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development