PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 03:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

joshts0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem flashing from SD card? v.possible fix

I had a problem doing it.. it kept saying no file found. I named it RAPHIMG.nbh, and put it on the root of my SD card.. still.. nothing. I tried every SD card I had and couldn't get it to work. I used Windows to format it .. fat32.. fat16.. default cluster size.. still couldn't get it to work.

So I deleted the partition on the SD card, popped it in my touch pro.. it asked if I wanted to format it and I said yes. Then, I put RAPHIMG.nbh on it and BHAM it worked.

So, to fix it.. delete the partition on the SD card, and have your touch pro format it however it expects it to be formatted.

You can do this in Windows by using Acronis Disk Director ... but its not free. So you will have to get that piece of software to do it. You cannot access your SD card in Disk Management (at least not in XP), so you need a third party peice of software to do it. Partition Magic (the old version I have at least) didn't see my SD card.

If you have Linux and have it configured to see mmc cards.. then you probably already know how to do it. But if not, you can pop it in, type 'dmesg' to see what it created your device as (/dev/mmc0 ?) .. do fdisk on that device, and delete all the partitions.

(I couldn't get my sdhci controller working in Linux and didn't feel like messing with it, so Acronis Disk Director did the trick)

My USB port is shot.. it charges, but it wont sync with a computer, and I've determined its a physical problem with the port. Its definitely not software. So, I can't flash with my USB port.. so this was driving me insane.

Tell me if it works for you!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was Using 6800
Carrier: Was alltel

ephone1 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Problem flashing from SD card? v.possible fix

I was having a problem flashing from an SD card too. In fact I had a new 2 Gig sandisk that i pulled out of the package when my main one didn't work. I tried everything to no avail.

After reading your post, I tried No2Chem's storage manager cab, as was suggested in the how-to flash sticky. It worked!

The tool can be downloaded here:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...geManager.aspx

I am very happy to have this issue fixed. I thought my phone was broken.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Problem flashing from SD card? v.possible fix

i think u have to format the card to fat32...did u try that

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 06-06-2009, 03:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
Yea, I tried using quick and full format to Fat32. I tried copying the file from my PC to the the card using activesync instead of from my card reader. I tried exorcism!

After reading the how-to flash sticky. I realized I am not the only one having this problem. I did use Windows 7 to format the card, so maybe that was the problem.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

joshts0 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
and i tried it too.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshts0 View Post
You can do this in Windows by using Acronis Disk Director ... but its not free. So you will have to get that piece of software to do it. You cannot access your SD card in Disk Management (at least not in XP), so you need a third party peice of software to do it. Partition Magic (the old version I have at least) didn't see my SD card.
i have deleted partitions on sd cards in disk management on vista and windows 7 multiple times, so i'm positive it works on those two at least
Old 06-06-2009, 11:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

joshts0 is a n00b

good to know... my vista and windows 7 machines don't have sd card readers
Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephone1 View Post
I was having a problem flashing from an SD card too. In fact I had a new 2 Gig sandisk that i pulled out of the package when my main one didn't work. I tried everything to no avail.

After reading your post, I tried No2Chem's storage manager cab, as was suggested in the how-to flash sticky. It worked!

The tool can be downloaded here:

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...geManager.aspx

I am very happy to have this issue fixed. I thought my phone was broken.
Damn, that worked for my 1 gb card that wasn't reading! What to do with my 16 gb card though....too much stuff to load.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

btw, I tried formatting via quick format and regular format on a windows vista rig.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Damn, that worked for my 1 gb card that wasn't reading! What to do with my 16 gb card though....too much stuff to load.
If your ROM allows you to select putting the phone in disk drive mode, instead of establishing an active sync connection, it copies a lot faster.

I just got 6 Megs/sec down from my phone to my PC. I have a 16 Gig class 6 card. I was getting about half that with a class 2 card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development