PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What ROM are you using for Cricket?
Sprint Official ROM tweaked to work with Cricket. 21 16.03%
Custom ROM tweaked to work with Cricket. 81 61.83%
Made my own in PPC Kitchen. 8 6.11%
This ROM. 21 16.03%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: cricket

skippypimp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Cricket ROM

Yea, i am using integras rom
Old 01-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Fmstrat is a n00b

So, I may be missing something, but how do I do this if I do not currently have a Cricket account?

So I'm switching from Sprint, and have a Sprint TP (and a Diamond). Since I don't have a current Cricket phone, I don't have a Cricket MSL. I'm not using the MSL from my TP on Sprint, am I?

I've currently got the TP running a custom ROM, and just need to know if there is anything different from the HOWTOs for activating a new line of service/porting a number versus replacing one of their phones.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

I tried to set up my diamond on cricket, I was able to get a dial tone and send sms but never could get the data to work, but then found out that I'm too far from the preferred roaming area and I was going to always have roaming charges, but to make a long story short...

first cricket told me I had to purchase one of their phones to get an "account" and then I could switch to my phone, so I did, but what they didn't tell me was that they charge something like $15 to swap phones, after I argued with them and explained that when I first called, I had explained that I didn't need one of their phones and all, they finally agreed to setup an account without one of their phones

so what you need to do is get cricket on the phone, which is a pain, and tell them you would like an account so you can use your own number, you might have to ask for a supervisor once or twice until you get someone who will do it, but they can set up an account and give you a phone number without having to purchase one of their phones

hope this helps, I just wish my little town would get in the loop, 20 miles away is fine, just not here
Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

KcMo is a n00b

is Integra going to make new Roms? or is there only one & is he done? if so can someone point me in the direction of a newer ROM, a better one... thanks.

Last edited by KcMo; 01-19-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond

4218kris is just getting started

anyone using a sense2.5 rom with cricket and mms working fine? i am but it doesnt work how it is supposed to. to send a pic i cant just take a pic and touch the send button its broken with arcsoft installed to have mms working. i have to open arcsoft then click new mms then insert a pic. cant touch the new message and have it open i have to open all messages then go to it. it works just not like it is supposed to i have to do work arounds like that.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (sprint)

skreets08sora is a n00b

does picture messaging work with it? i had a vz touch pro with energy rom, i liked that rom a lot, when you would slide out the keyboard, you wouldn't see that lame screen with eight unchangeable tabs

and the messaging was really smooth, all around, the rom was really smooth, i was able to change the tabs on the touchflo, cuz i never used the weather and i hated the favorites tab, it always called people in my pocket, that phone broke and i got a touch pro for sprint on cricket network. i'm running a custom rom cooked by a friend, but i don't like it so much, i can't customize the tabs on touchflo, when i choose a picture for the homescreen, it doesn't show up, it shows half the picture when i push the start button on the top left. and when i slide out the keyboard, i get that lame eight tabs, i hate that, and the messaging isn't so smooth. does anyone have any suggestions for a new rom? the ONLY thing i hated about energy rom was that when i sent a text, it would let me know it sent, i hated that.

any suggestions for a new rom?

Last edited by skreets08sora; 02-24-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc incredible and a diamond

4218kris is just getting started

im guessing still no sense 2.5 rom that work good with cricket???
Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

YunggJayee is a n00b

When i do this method , it flashes and everything but it wont program to my cricket services .why is that ?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by YunggJayee View Post
When i do this method , it flashes and everything but it wont program to my cricket services .why is that ?
you have to do the initial programing on the phone. instructions here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106317

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development