PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

therealm80 is keeping up the good worktherealm80 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to therealm80
Mighty Rom Issue With Rebooting In Youtube App / Choppy Video *FIX*

I dont know if anyone who used the latest Mighty ROM 4.9.5 has this issue but I did and here is the fix. I was using the Youtube app that came with the rom and all of a sudden my phone (touch Pro) reset itself. When everything came back to life I had a voicemail which led me to believe that while I was using the youtube app a phone call came in. I also noticed how choppy the video was within Youtube. Here is the fix for both. woo hoo.

Install the attached Cab.

It is a newer version of the Youtube app than the one that came with the ROM.
This version includes a settings option which is the gear icon next to the program guide. This allows you to choose between "video qualilty" or "faster downloading." When I set it to faster downloading it did lose some quality of the video but it was perfectly smooth and nothing to cry about and my phone doesnt reset anymore when a call comes in.

Enjoy!
PS If this was posted elsewhere I apologize.
Attached Files
File Type: cab whc Youtube v1.6.1820.4128 UPGRADE.cab (982.8 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started
Red face Re: Mighty Rom Issue With Rebooting In Youtube App / Choppy Video *FIX*

Hey thanks for this file

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm80 View Post
I dont know if anyone who used the latest Mighty ROM 4.9.5 has this issue but I did and here is the fix. I was using the Youtube app that came with the rom and all of a sudden my phone (touch Pro) reset itself. When everything came back to life I had a voicemail which led me to believe that while I was using the youtube app a phone call came in. I also noticed how choppy the video was within Youtube. Here is the fix for both. woo hoo.

Install the attached Cab.

It is a newer version of the Youtube app than the one that came with the ROM.
This version includes a settings option which is the gear icon next to the program guide. This allows you to choose between "video qualilty" or "faster downloading." When I set it to faster downloading it did lose some quality of the video but it was perfectly smooth and nothing to cry about and my phone doesnt reset anymore when a call comes in.

Enjoy!
PS If this was posted elsewhere I apologize.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Mighty Rom Issue With Rebooting In Youtube App / Choppy Video *FIX*

Does your "search" feature work in LANDSCAPE mode on this particular youtube version?

Please report back, thanks
Old 02-18-2009, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I am on your rom Mighty and sory to say no it does not have landscape search, and on startup it doesnt find anything till you enter a search.
For me anyway
Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I am on your rom Mighty and sory to say no it does not have landscape search, and on startup it doesnt find anything till you enter a search.
For me anyway
thought so... thanks
Old 02-19-2009, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

After a day of testing I have to agree with "BlackOceaN" in first post.
this version IS better and also shows the volume indicator on the side,.
My initial problem on startup dissappeared and it is running better.
the search featur remains in portrait view, but I can put up with that over better performance...

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-19-2009 at 08:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development