PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 01:40 AM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice
[1-15-09] eRice Touch Pro 1.04.7 Clean ROM [SYS 5.2.21109 Build 21109.1.6.0]

Hey all,

Here is an alternative to those that are not used to kitchenizing ROMs, don't like other's custom creations, or are just paranoid about having extra crap on their phone that they don't need.

Well, introducing the eRice ROM. This ROM was built using my Touch Pro Kitchen and has been picked clean of ALL stock programs and left with the bare minimum that the phone needs to operate on, leaving you with the duty of installing all of your own programs.

This ROM is based on build 21109.1.6.0 and runs VERY stable and fast. Also, it seems the unread text messaging issue that was being experienced with 2xxxx build is resolved in this one.

------------
**1/15/09 ** Fixed AKU in build number. Also fixed the Update PRL and Profile buttons in settings. This version should the final and bug-free release.

**1/6/09** Updated SYS to 21109 and added new tweaks to ROM. Still very CLEAN and very FAST

**12/19/08** Removed ALL other extra programs as well as TouchFLO and Picturemail. There should be no extra apps left on the phone. Boots with approx. 155mb RAM

**11/29/08** Returned to stock OEM base; Fixed the issue with the extra folders showing up in Programs; Also removed some extra unneccessary apps

Here's a list of what has been removed:

WorldCard Mobile
Sprint TV
Sprint Navigation
Sprint Music
Opera
OzIM Messenger
Adobe Reader
Voice Command
RSS Hub
Voice Recorder
HTC QuickGPS
Long Press End Key
Audio Booster
Youtube
MP3 Trimmer
Wmodem
Streaming Media
Task Manager
Zip
Clearvue Presentation
Manila
Volume Control
Enlarge Start Menu
----------

Download the 1.04.7 ROM here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MIB5425G
Note: Please report any bugs you find!

----------
Thanks to calcu and superevilllama

Last edited by electronicrice; 01-15-2009 at 04:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:43 AM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [11-28-08] eRice Touch Pro 1.04 Clean ROM [SYS 5.2.20931 Build 20931.1.5.0]

Sweet. Thanks for the work.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP
Carrier: Sprint

wrecks is becoming a great contributor

Will try it out. Will give it the pepsi challenge against yay 4 jugs 4.0.

What is the pagepool on this?
Old 11-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Android Groupie
Threadstarter

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I believe it's 16MB, but not sure. I didn't modify it. You should be able to change it though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP

wrecks is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the info.. changing it now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PagePool_Changer_v2.21.zip (157.3 KB, 185 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by wrecks; 11-29-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Lurker

Stanislav is a n00b

Anyone have links to the following cabs?

HTC QuickGPS
Long Press End Key
Youtube
Task Manager

Thank you!
Old 11-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
Thanks to JD for the OEM base and superevilllama for the excellent build port
lol @ superevilllama for the excellent build port.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I really want to try this out, but can someone link me to every stock CAB out there just incase i need to install something that was on the stock rom?

Also what is the free ram on boot as well as the free memory with this rom?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I tried it out. Seems nice. Only complaint i have is that i can't select multiple files in file explorer and there are links to youtube and sprint tv on the manila tab, and of course those programs aren't installed. Oh, and the empty folders that it creates in program files.

Also, there is some sort of graphical glitch where tapping on the start menu makes a white bar flash one time, as well as when you click on any of the items in the start menu.

Last edited by freeza; 11-29-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Android Groupie
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I tried it out. Seems nice. Only complaint i have is that i can't select multiple files in file explorer and there are links to youtube and sprint tv on the manila tab, and of course those programs aren't installed. Oh, and the empty folders that it creates in program files.

Also, there is some sort of graphical glitch where tapping on the start menu makes a white bar flash one time, as well as when you click on any of the items in the start menu.
The empty folders have been fixed in the new release. Might wanna try that one as well and see if the multiple files works.

As for the programs in manila, I haven't touched manila yet so those are still there but can still be removed/changed. The start menu thing is prolly something with Enlarge Start Menu. I'll look into that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development