PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

How to you flash back to the shipped ROM if the USB port is broken for connecting through a USB cable to a computer?
Old 11-04-2009, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
How to you flash back to the shipped ROM if the USB port is broken for connecting through a USB cable to a computer?
here's the rom http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=683
just just winrar to extract it to get the nbh file.

and here's instructions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
here's the rom http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=683
just just winrar to extract it to get the nbh file.

and here's instructions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333
This isn't the same as the "dumped" version, is it? i.e. the certificates are signed correctly, right?

Last edited by signothefish; 11-04-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
This isn't the same as the "dumped" version, is it? i.e. the certificates are signed correctly, right?
look at the link. it's the official shipped rom on the htc website. signed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

That'll work then, thx!
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Currently running the latest 6.1 ROM from HTC for US Cellular, dated July 20, 2009. Haven't flashed a new one yet, would the link on the HTC site work for you, or would a dump work best? Also, can anyone recommend a good backup program for if I have problems flashing?

Last edited by chrialex; 11-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
Currently running the latest 6.1 ROM from HTC for US Cellular, dated July 20, 2009. Haven't flashed a new one yet, would the link on the HTC site work for you, or would a dump work best? Also, can anyone recommend a good backup program for if I have problems flashing?
i already gave him what he needed.

not sure what you mean about your backup question. There is no backup program that will help in any way if you have a problem flashing. A backup program will just help you restore a backup you made earlier. And you do that after flashing your phone.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm sorry, I thought I had read through all the pages, must have missed that page.

What I mean as far as a backup program is something that can take an image of my phone so if I get settings all messed up, or just don't like the new ROM at all, I can run it and revert to how it was before I flashed. I'm pretty confident that unless I brick it I can put the stock ROM from HTC back on it. But at the same time, if possible, I would like to be able to restore all my data/settings/programs as well. I would settle with reflashing to stock, then installing a program that would restore everything, contacts, emails, pics, music, installed programs, etc...if it can be done without a lot of trouble.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrialex View Post
I'm sorry, I thought I had read through all the pages, must have missed that page.

What I mean as far as a backup program is something that can take an image of my phone so if I get settings all messed up, or just don't like the new ROM at all, I can run it and revert to how it was before I flashed. I'm pretty confident that unless I brick it I can put the stock ROM from HTC back on it. But at the same time, if possible, I would like to be able to restore all my data/settings/programs as well. I would settle with reflashing to stock, then installing a program that would restore everything, contacts, emails, pics, music, installed programs, etc...if it can be done without a lot of trouble.
it is not recommended to restore backups of programs and settings because of the differences between the custom roms available. But if you just want to make a good backup to use with one rom, then you can use SPB Backup. Music and photos and stuff like that should be on your mem card, so no need to backup that stuff cause flashing roms does not touch the mem card. The only thing you want to restore when flashing between different roms is contacts, callendar, tasks, text...stuff like that.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Oh, yeah, I meant just backup the stock rom i have now, and if needed reflash/restore to it later, not restore to a different rom, sorry for the confusion. Looking at SPB Backup right now, it appears it will do what I am looking for. Thanks for the recommendation!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development