PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

any signs of the .EXE signed version?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManX View Post
I was under the impression that something "changed" the Friday before the original release date (9/17) that delayed the phones for software updates. I even read somewhere on here that a vedor had to do last minute software patches before shipping devices... I could be totally way off though... It has been a couple weeks that I've been waiting to get my hands on these since than.

oh.. And the new one is on my door step waiting for me, no more Mogul or 6700 now.

-MadManX

What you heard is true but the dumped rom is based off of that updated stock. There has been no new roms released officially or unofficially.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Newb here. I am looking at trying out some of the custom ROMS on here. Let me get this straight: First I need to unlock the phone, then I need to flash it with the ROM. Do I Need to hardreset first?

If I want to go back to my original stock OE Sprint rom, I Need to re-lock it then flash using the ROM on the first page of this thread? (StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar)

I'm afraid of being able to return my phone to exactly where it was....
Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Newb here. I am looking at trying out some of the custom ROMS on here. Let me get this straight: First I need to unlock the phone, then I need to flash it with the ROM. Do I Need to hardreset first?

If I want to go back to my original stock OE Sprint rom, I Need to re-lock it then flash using the ROM on the first page of this thread? (StockSprintHermanOSBigstorageRUU_dumped.rar)

I don't see the rom you listed but anyway, you don't want to lock it first if the rom you listed is just a dumped rom. You can only flash dumped/custom roms on an unlocked phone. The rom I did see listed above that is the stock Sprint rom is just a dumped rom. That will require the phone to be unlocked first. Once flashed, THEN you can lock the phone and you should be ok.

If the Sprint rom was a .exe, then it would be an actual shipped stock Sprint rom and so would not matter if the device was locked or unlocked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

Once it's unlocked you can load any ROMs on it whether it's the StockSprintHerman or custom/cooked posted by other members. You can hard reset after you load the ROMs but you don't need to do it before you load.

You only wanna relock if you are returning the phone to sprint because if they see it is unlocked then it could void your warranty. But relock it only after you load StockSprintHerman back to it.

The StockSprintHerman is the stock OE.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

It may be just placebo but I've noticed my battery drain isn't as drastic with this ROM. Unless my battery is finally retaining it's fully charge. My battery is lasting longer. I've also noticed before when I reset the percentage would change dramatically. Meaning before a reset lets say it was at 75% then after reset it would go down to 62%. That hasn't happened yet with this ROM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i really would like a signed version of the sprint Stock ROM, i'm still breaking in the TP and dont want to unlock it yet...hope it shows up soon.....
Old 11-17-2008, 05:55 PM
kjhee43

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If I want to flash a Sprint TP to the Verizon signed rom on page 1, do I need to unlock first?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
+1 on the dumped stock ROM. Everything opens up faster.
what are u comparing this to?

do u mean if i flash the dumped rom over my stock sprint rom it will run faster? i thought i just need to tweak the stock rom, or run a custom rom to make it faster

Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Alltel Touch Pro Stock Version by Yours Truely.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Stock%20R...ROM%20Dump.rar

Please add link to first page if someone gets a chance.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development