PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
[Kernel]Modified Godmode kernel with FPS 'fix'for Epson screens (Yes Camera works)

NetArchy over at XDA edited the ToastMod Kernel based of the Damage Control 3.3.2 and up Kernels which is based off the NEW SPRINT1.47 update.... My understanding is it should work on the 2.1 Kernels with the modified Update it increases the limit on the 30 FPS (Frames Per Second) Cap on the ***EPSON PANELS **** im getting 55 frames per second The Difference on this one is **CAMERA WORKS ***** . If you want to see video visit here --- http://www.mobiletechworld.com/2010/...merate-issues/

Thanks to JAredCo1 here is how to check your panel for Epson or Novatec http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126275

This is quite literally just the godmode kernel from toast's git, modified with the epson screen fix from the makeshift kernel.
This means it also contains compcache, the Overclocking/Undervolt patch (use setcpu to mess with the min/max speed values and try not to go too crazy ;D), genius24dog's audio boost update, among other things.

It hits about 54-55fps on my Evo

http://qap.la/~netarchy/toastmod-kernel-signed.zip
Only tested and verified working on 2.1, I have no idea if it will work with 2.2.

---- Alternate build that *might* address touch screen sensitivity issues I've heard a report of from one person, if the first kernel is working fine for you, you don't need this

http://qap.la/~netarchy/toastmod-2-kernel-signed.zip
----

*****EDIT*** FROYO and NOVATEC Fixes as well

froyo:
- 46fps is the best i can get get using 432. with the cpu governor set to performance (aka no scaling) it's not so bad, but with scaling on, the stdev is huge.
- most people will probably want to stick with the old "fast" setting of 245 or 250. this is only 40fps, but it's more consistent.
- even at only 40fps, there is a very noticeable difference in how smooth things are.
- camera doesn't work, but this isn't anything new. remember, the main kernel we use for froyo is the stock one, and it doesn't give us camera either...so, logically, neither does this.
- there is support for overclocking, and things are undervolted.
kernel v5 - froyo

eclair:
- same as above, except with a value of 437
- same as above (stick with 245 or 250 if you want)
- good news is camera DOES work, so does 4G and all the other stuff people were having problems with.
kernel v5 - eclair

both versions have extended cpu voltage info output in dmesg.

It's signed so you can flash with Amon Ra if you prefer, though Clockwork *should* work just fine.
Your mileage may vary, etc etc

:edit, and to give credit where it is due, the zipalign script in my modified inits, is based on code in the Damage Control rom, and extended to check more places for apps. The DC guys are very talented, DC is definitely a rom worth checking out.

The Dalvik code in the inits is the work of Ninpo/Hacre from the VillainRom team (over in the HTC Hero forums).
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below

Last edited by athlet1c; 07-09-2010 at 07:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte
Carrier: Sprint

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [Kernel]Modified Godmode kernel with FPS 'fix'for Epson screens (Yes Camera works

so this does not help us hardware revision 002 users?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [Kernel]Modified Godmode kernel with FPS 'fix'for Epson screens (Yes Camera works

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad20_09 View Post
so this does not help us hardware revision 002 users?
Yes it will but you need to figure out what screen you have. Most likely you have a novatec screen since you're revision 002 but you will still want to verify that.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01

Last edited by MrDSL; 07-08-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

can someone tell me how to install this>??
Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Newsie and More

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

if i don't like this can i do a nand backup before and just restore and it will go back to normal???
Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo4G

fusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIPfusion is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to fusion Send a message via MSN to fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
can someone tell me how to install this>??
assuming you are rooted.. you put the zip on the root of your sd card and you flash it like you would any other update or rom (from recovery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
if i don't like this can i do a nand backup before and just restore and it will go back to normal???
Yes you should always do a nandroid when messing with stuff like this. If you don't like it you would be able to restore back or you could just flash the stock kernel which I have attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EVO4g_stockkernel.zip (2.45 MB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

what roms will it work on? im on dc latest rom, but my camera wasnt working on it. im hoping flashing this will fix my camera and give me better FPS
Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Newsie and More

soooo I tried it and it made the fone soooo much snappier but the screen tearing was an issue I could get over...so once they fix that, I'll be with it all the way!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff

Here is a question...Is one screen better then the other? I have a Novatec...
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

i saw a video saying that novatec was brighter and had didn't have a tint problem, but blacks were a little more washed out (because it's brighter?) I tried both of the zips here with no luck, went to XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=711964 and downloaded the normal voltage zip, flashed with clockwork recovery and now i get roughly 43fps in fps2d. Although I havn't checked my screen type, I'm fairly certain since it's a 002 that it is a novatec.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development