PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/9/

OMJ - Thanks so much for continuing to support the Diamond. Your ROM's so far are the most stable and most capable that I have come across and thanks to you, they continue to incorporate the latest developments.

I see that like me, you use Sprint as a carrier. Your ROM's always seem to get an instant agps lock for me. I have tried and failed to successfully configure the agps using the information in the sticky posts in the PPC geeks forums with other ROMS. Do you have a secret or an easy way that I can get mine to work in the event I was not using one of your ROM's?

Thanks again for developing for the Diamond, for me it is still the smallest, easiest to keep in my pocket smart phone.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/9/

Cubbieswin, did you install Bing to Internal Storage? If not, uninstall it, and reinstall to Internal Storage. Once you install it there, go into Bing's settings and make sure to check the "Cache to Storage Card" box. This will save you much more main storage space in the long run.

Also, if you use Google Maps, it will take up more and more Main Storage space over time, even if installed to Internal Storage. This is due to it storing your user data to the Main Storage Application Data\Google Maps Folder. For that reason alone, I use Bing instead of Google Maps with the Diamond and Sense 2.5 for the most part. Please note that you can set up ClearTemp, in it's main settings area, to clean specific folders. In turn, you can have it clean the Google Maps Application Data Folder if needed. Plus, you can have it clean the Application Data\HTC\Album\Cache as well as Application Data\HTC\Prolauncher Folder or another folder that loads up with data, like mwalt2 stated. This will help save precious space as well. Further, if you're still running low on Main Storage, make sure to have all email attachments set to be stored on Internal Storage as well as all images including videos, pictures, etc... You can also move wallpapers there too.

LIke OMJ said, Sense 2.5 is not meant for the Diamond, so you're going to have to move things and manage your available storage much more. Here, I load around hundred extra programs and games, push everything possible to Internal Storage, use ClearTemp, SKtools, and MemMaid to manage the system resources, and am able keep 10MB's to 14MB's of Main Storage free with OMJ's Sense 2.5 ROMs.

Hope this helps...

Moreover, thanks again OMJ for all the great cooking work, and thank you mwalt2 for posting the MobileMonger zip as well as all your other helpful posts. Cheers!
Best to all,
R

Last edited by rhacy; 02-11-2010 at 02:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Hey guys, one of the biggest things taking up space on my phone was the thumbnails for the HTC album. If you went through your album to set a wallpaper or to browse photos, it could be upwards of 10 mb. I think I recall finding it in application data/htc/htc album, or something close to it. Once I deleted that and some stuff left over from google maps, I was back to 20mb free.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skullan is just getting started

I reverted back to 1.6 for now. The new interface itself is wonderful, thanks to those involved in porting it over, but it just doesn't feel quite right (yet). Out of curiousity OMJ, did you want lists of what might be different or odd with the build?
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

SlamTheDoor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
For that reason alone, I use Bing instead of Google Maps with the Diamond and Sense 2.5 for the most part.
I'm still using one of the 1.3 ROMS and also have less free space then I'm comfortable with. I ended up moving Google Maps to Internal Storage and that has helped a bit. First I installed Google Maps to Main Memory and then I uninstalled it. Then I re-installed to Internal Storage. That seemed to gain me a few megs of space (by removing the Google Maps program from \Program Files).

Right now I have 10Megs free in Main Memory. The only programs I installed to Main Memory were S2U2, SelectRadio, and Sprite Terminator. The first two of those don't give an option to install anywhere else.

I still love this ROM. Thanks OMJ.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive WP7

dougd is keeping up the good workdougd is keeping up the good work

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but download links are not currently working. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND CDMA
Carrier: SPRINT

Demianwulf is a n00b

Loving the rom so far...Just had a quick question that might seem a bit slow, but It has me running around in circles. I'm using the latest release the test version and I have internet connection, but I keep getting an error synchronizing messages whenever I try to get my yahoo emails or any emails and it points me to the connections. I deleted my connections (not smart I know) so now I'm not sure if there was a username or password there before. I clearstoraged back to original and used spbbackup to just restore texts and contacts. I manually put in new yahoo info but same error? What am I missing here? I can surf the web just fine...but no messages are coming in.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
For those of you having trouble with space, go here and download mobile mogner. It will give a visual 'map' of what's taking up space on main memory. I use it to find caches that can be deleted. HTCAlbum will make a pretty large cache if you use it to look at facebook albums. It downloads a lot of thumbnails and pictures to Application Data. Mobile monger will run fine from internal storage too. Also, you can change opera mobile's cache to internal storage (have to search for how...I can't remember).

*edit - I didn't realize that the new version of mobile monger costs money. I have attached the free version from calc's kitchen. Just copy the .exe to internal storage and run the .exe on your phone.
I'm pretty sure the Opera settings are reached by typing opera:config in the address bar. Somewhere in there you can change the directory for the cache.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I'm considering removing google maps & Opera for cab install.....we'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
For those of you having trouble with space, go here and download mobile mogner. It will give a visual 'map' of what's taking up space on main memory. I use it to find caches that can be deleted. HTCAlbum will make a pretty large cache if you use it to look at facebook albums. It downloads a lot of thumbnails and pictures to Application Data. Mobile monger will run fine from internal storage too. Also, you can change opera mobile's cache to internal storage (have to search for how...I can't remember).

*edit - I didn't realize that the new version of mobile monger costs money. I have attached the free version from calc's kitchen. Just copy the .exe to internal storage and run the .exe on your phone.
thx mwalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuddath View Post
OMJ - Thanks so much for continuing to support the Diamond. Your ROM's so far are the most stable and most capable that I have come across and thanks to you, they continue to incorporate the latest developments.

I see that like me, you use Sprint as a carrier. Your ROM's always seem to get an instant agps lock for me. I have tried and failed to successfully configure the agps using the information in the sticky posts in the PPC geeks forums with other ROMS. Do you have a secret or an easy way that I can get mine to work in the event I was not using one of your ROM's?

Thanks again for developing for the Diamond, for me it is still the smallest, easiest to keep in my pocket smart phone.
nope, no secret. I dont change anything in the packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullan View Post
Out of curiousity OMJ, did you want lists of what might be different or odd with the build?
not really, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamTheDoor View Post
I'm still using one of the 1.3 ROMS and also have less free space then I'm comfortable with. I ended up moving Google Maps to Internal Storage and that has helped a bit. First I installed Google Maps to Main Memory and then I uninstalled it. Then I re-installed to Internal Storage. That seemed to gain me a few megs of space (by removing the Google Maps program from \Program Files).

Right now I have 10Megs free in Main Memory. The only programs I installed to Main Memory were S2U2, SelectRadio, and Sprite Terminator. The first two of those don't give an option to install anywhere else.

I still love this ROM. Thanks OMJ.
you cannot gain space by installing then uninstalling programs that were cooked in the rom, but when u uninstalled it probably removed the user data in Application Data\Google Maps Folder as rhacy stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but download links are not currently working. Thanks.

EDTP changed domains to mobileunderground.info , the FTP server is not complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demianwulf View Post
Loving the rom so far...Just had a quick question that might seem a bit slow, but It has me running around in circles. I'm using the latest release the test version and I have internet connection, but I keep getting an error synchronizing messages whenever I try to get my yahoo emails or any emails and it points me to the connections. I deleted my connections (not smart I know) so now I'm not sure if there was a username or password there before. I clearstoraged back to original and used spbbackup to just restore texts and contacts. I manually put in new yahoo info but same error? What am I missing here? I can surf the web just fine...but no messages are coming in.
hmm, not sure why u would be having this issue....I have several pop3/imap/exchange accounts and they're all working fine....you could try re-flashing
Old 02-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Can save another half a meg by clearing out the pictures templates under \My Documents\Templates. Those are the backgrounds used when taking pictures that you stick a person's face in.

And another half a meg by clearing out the silhouettes you can choose from for contacts without pictures under \My Documents\Avatars
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development