PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

setix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: STX Rom v2.5 [6.5 Sprint Rhodium 23004] 7.10.09

download link is up

it may have glitched on the upload and not allowed me to transfer to my account, so it may only allows 10 dls.

i will re upload tomorrow if that is the case
Old 07-11-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

setix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuffsetix knows their stuff

let me know if you find any bugs, or other parts you would like to see skinned
Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Diamond

powerpower73 is becoming a great contributor

flashing right now... will let you know how it goes.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

my first impression is it is very different, well you know the top icons. i like the feel of how the screen response to my finger -> very fast! btw, i thought you did not include titanium, yet it was there, no complaint here.

ok, now here it comes,
1. it did re-launch tf3d on me a couple of times and i was trying to recreate the situation, but i was not able to do it. first time was i was messing around with contacts.. second i do not remember, but since i can't recreate, i can't say it is a bug, i am just letting you know.

2. second, personally, not having program tab is not really working for me. one of the reason that i like tf3d is because it has a program tab that i can manipulate and have a easy access to. well i guess you can call me lazy ..

3. i could not find windows live that caused me unable to set up with my hotmail account unless there is other way to accomplish this and i don't know about it. as you can see, i am still noob..

4. well, it is kind of known issue for wm6.5 using world clock, the s2u is not working perfect, rather properly after i awake the device via power button. after i awake the device, the s2u 'sort' of unlock itself but not fully by taking task button away.. if you know what i mean..

over all so far i think it is a good rom and i will let you know more....
Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpower73 View Post
my first impression is it is very different, well you know the top icons. i like the feel of how the screen response to my finger -> very fast! btw, i thought you did not include titanium, yet it was there, no complaint here.

ok, now here it comes,
1. it did re-launch tf3d on me a couple of times and i was trying to recreate the situation, but i was not able to do it. first time was i was messing around with contacts.. second i do not remember, but since i can't recreate, i can't say it is a bug, i am just letting you know.

2. second, personally, not having program tab is not really working for me. one of the reason that i like tf3d is because it has a program tab that i can manipulate and have a easy access to. well i guess you can call me lazy ..

3. i could not find windows live that caused me unable to set up with my hotmail account unless there is other way to accomplish this and i don't know about it. as you can see, i am still noob..

4. well, it is kind of known issue for wm6.5 using world clock, the s2u is not working perfect, rather properly after i awake the device via power button. after i awake the device, the s2u 'sort' of unlock itself but not fully by taking task button away.. if you know what i mean..

over all so far i think it is a good rom and i will let you know more....

thanks for giving feedback.

1. i havent had any crashes with tf3d, mayb try a hard reset.
2. The program tab was missing on this version of calkulins kitchen, the newest version from 5 11 has it, and i will upload tomorrow.
3. i dont use hotmail, so i cant really help you there.
4. I took out s2u bc i dont use it all that much, but some remnants still show up for some reason, ill add it to the next update if yall want it.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by setix View Post
thanks for giving feedback.

1. i havent had any crashes with tf3d, mayb try a hard reset.
2. The program tab was missing on this version of calkulins kitchen, the newest version from 5 11 has it, and i will upload tomorrow.
3. i dont use hotmail, so i cant really help you there.
4. I took out s2u bc i dont use it all that much, but some remnants still show up for some reason, ill add it to the next update if yall want it.

cool~
thanks for the fast reply.
i am not complaining nor criticizing. i am just greatful that i am able to test out and experience various roms because of talented cooks like you..

again, thank you very much for all of your hard work!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

So I decided to try your ROM.

I flashed back to Sprint Shipped first. Did a hard reset. Flashed to STX 2.5. Did another hard reset. Basically it took too long to boot (if it booted at all) - sometimes it would just hang at the diamond boot screen, sometimes it would hang at the STX splash screen, sometimes TF3D would hang. When it finally did boot, TF3D crashed a few times on me.

Also - the phone wouldnt get recognized by ActiveSync. I had to force the bootloader screen in order to flash to another ROM. Yes - I did hard reset 2 or 3 times to no avail.

The theme of your ROM looks great, but ultimately I had to go back to Juicy's ROM. Don't let that discourage you though!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnyc View Post
So I decided to try your ROM.

I flashed back to Sprint Shipped first. Did a hard reset. Flashed to STX 2.5. Did another hard reset. Basically it took too long to boot (if it booted at all) - sometimes it would just hang at the diamond boot screen, sometimes it would hang at the STX splash screen, sometimes TF3D would hang. When it finally did boot, TF3D crashed a few times on me.

Also - the phone wouldnt get recognized by ActiveSync. I had to force the bootloader screen in order to flash to another ROM. Yes - I did hard reset 2 or 3 times to no avail.

The theme of your ROM looks great, but ultimately I had to go back to Juicy's ROM. Don't let that discourage you though!

sorry to hear it didnt work for you. ill be uploading 2.7 tonight, which should work fine. I dont know if others experienced problems with 2.5, but it runs fine for me.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Startac --> your phone ---> HTC EVO

pjsnyc is keeping up the good workpjsnyc is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to pjsnyc Send a message via AIM to pjsnyc Send a message via MSN to pjsnyc Send a message via Yahoo to pjsnyc Send a message via Skype™ to pjsnyc

Cool man - I'll give it another go.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

My give this ROM a try later on tonight. How is the Opera 9.7 working with the Rhoduim manila, also is it uninstallable? Push pages, bookmarks, etc....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development