PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Lurker

iixnullxii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing to 6.5 from Sprint 2.00.651.0

I installed the leaked Sprint ROM version 2.00.651.1 a while back, and now I'm unable to update to 6.5 (more specifically, JonRom). Any ideas?

Null
Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Flashing to 6.5 from Sprint 2.00.651.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iixnullxii View Post
I installed the leaked Sprint ROM version 2.00.651.1 a while back, and now I'm unable to update to 6.5 (more specifically, JonRom). Any ideas?

Null
first, have you unlocked your device. You probably have if you flashed the leaked rom but just make sure to visit the sticky thread on the first page of the Diamond Upgrade section. "Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing" thread to understand how to unlock and flash roms.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iixnullxii is a n00b

It's unlocked - every time I try to flash it, it sticks at 0%, then shows error 262. Communication errors...
Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
It's unlocked - every time I try to flash it, it sticks at 0%, then shows error 262. Communication errors...
Can you connect your phone to a pc through activesync?
If so, disconnect the phone, put your phone into bootloader, connect the phone to the pc, then try installing the from using the "Custom_RUU.exe" file.

Last edited by FastRX8; 04-23-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iixnullxii is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Can you connect your phone to a pc through activesync?
If so, disconnect the phone, put your phone into bootloader, connect the phone to the pc, then try installing the from using the "Custom_RUU.exe" file.
No dice - I get the same error. I remember reading somewhere you can put the image on the phone itself and do it from there?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3Dâ„¢

Unknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuffUnknownforce knows their stuff

I had the same problem today when trying to update my radio, not sure why but it wanted to be either in the same USB port as I have been using, or simply in a different one. Worth a shot!

Phone: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
ROM: Synergy Nightly with Own Mods
"If you have the stereo on, why would you turn up the volume on the TV?" 'Cause I like to party
Old 04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
No dice - I get the same error. I remember reading somewhere you can put the image on the phone itself and do it from there?
Yes, place the ruu_signed.nbh on your internal memory, and rename it DIAMIMG.nbh.
Then go into "Triggered bootloader".
Check my siggy for info on triggered bootloader, or check the sticky at the top of the upgrades section called How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iixnullxii is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Yes, place the ruu_signed.nbh on your internal memory, and rename it DIAMIMG.nbh.
Then go into "Triggered bootloader".
Check my siggy for info on triggered bootloader, or check the sticky at the top of the upgrades section called How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing.
It just kina sits there saying "Loading..."
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

iixnullxii is a n00b

Any new ideas out there tonight? I would really like to try out a 6.5 ROM. Does any of this sound like a locked device, even tho it says unlocked?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Any new ideas out there tonight? I would really like to try out a 6.5 ROM. Does any of this sound like a locked device, even tho it says unlocked?

Thanks
The phone will always say security unlocked, you need to look at the numbers and see if it says SPL-0.57.CMONEX. If it does, it's unlocked...if not it's locked (ie SPL-0.57.0000). This is all in the How to Unlock Sticky. You do not have to unlock your phone to flash a shipped ROM, so you may not have unlocked it. Read through that above sticky for more info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development