PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix

Ok I have been running rhodium intx 1.4 for a while now, and I think I have found a fix for the time zone issues. Not sure so I need feedback....

All I did was after a hard reset, I immediately went to settings>personal>today>items and I unchecked the today timeout.

After I did this there has been no reseting of the clock to be off by an hour. Rhodium has always kept the right time for a while, then all the sudden it will be off by an hour.... But after doing this, my phone has kept the right time....

Don't know everything, but I think this is the real deal...

Give me feedback, and let me know what you think, but beware and don't blame me if your clock is off by an hour later on down the road...

But for me, I'm rockin even after soft resets and everything, and have been stable for a while now!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Re: All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix

I actually always have unchecked that and still get the problem every time I open World Clock but this problem will soon disappear as the new version XBmod is working doesn't have this issue

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

galinsky is becoming a great contributor

when is that new version coming out? i am so stoked to see what in next!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Arrow Re: All Rhodium Roms: I Think I Have A Clock Fix

i'll check it out! i'm currently running Fu Fu's 4.6 Rhodium 6.5, but may be flashing back to Mighty 4.8 soon...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
Ok I have been running rhodium intx 1.4 for a while now, and I think I have found a fix for the time zone issues. Not sure so I need feedback....

All I did was after a hard reset, I immediately went to settings>personal>today>items and I unchecked the today timeout.

After I did this there has been no reseting of the clock to be off by an hour. Rhodium has always kept the right time for a while, then all the sudden it will be off by an hour.... But after doing this, my phone has kept the right time....

Don't know everything, but I think this is the real deal...

Give me feedback, and let me know what you think, but beware and don't blame me if your clock is off by an hour later on down the road...

But for me, I'm rockin even after soft resets and everything, and have been stable for a while now!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

I forgot to mention I am in the eastern time zone... but give feedback, I still have not seen the clock get off yet
Old 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Unchecking the "today timeout" did not work for me.

I just avoid selecting the clock, and the time doesn't change.
I know it's not a fix, but I don't really have a need to select the clock since I use G-Alarm for appointments.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

only thing thats worked with consistency is this, if you hit the clock goes to the call history
Attached Files
File Type: cab DisableWorldClock.cab (163.9 KB, 86 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
only thing thats worked with consistency is this, if you hit the clock goes to the call history
That's not the only thing that works. When I installed my Rhodium rom I just chose a time zone that was an hour ahead of my time zone during the setup and unchecked the time sync in phone settings and my time is always correct.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

ur correct that does work, however not for everyone. the disable clock fix has thus far worked for everyone that has tried it.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:45 AM
Lurker

renntecher is a n00b

Tried it and it works Rhodium Manila seems to be almost complete with this work around =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development