PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ahenn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Opinions about the "BEST" ROM for Diamond

Hey guys!

I am new here and wondering about your opinions about the different kind of ROMS out there and what works best for the HTC Touch Diamond? I have been reading alot and it seems that many of you like the Juicy or Mightys, just trying to get a feel for the best out there! Let me know
Old 04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!
Carrier: Sprint

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: Opinions about the "BEST" ROM for Diamond

Welcome! i would suggest Mighty's. it really depends on what your looking for in the rom. each rom has different Apps. just do the research and try several. everyone's taste is different.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

yeah try different ones. ive used mightlys, groove and intx. i like all of them but they are all different. i like mightys for the quickness and has tf3d, grooves for the windows 6.5 and intx for the rhodium and also very fast. currently ive been running intx for almost 2 weeks and am fairly happy with it. it all depends on your liking.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work

I think tf3d blows and have been using the new 6.5 ROMs from both Indagroove and Highlife (FuFu). Both are great ROMs and alot of good stuff in them. Basically, you just have to start flashing each of them to see what you like....don't resist it....once you flash your 1st ROM, you'll end up flashing them all anyways.....
Old 04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

With such an open ended question, your going to get 500+ answers.

I like Calcu's personally. Others love Juciy's and Mighty's and Indi's.......

I suggest just trying them until you find the one you like.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Learn to cook (it's easy), and the best rom will be the one you customize for your own needs.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

personally i use calcu's kitchen to cook my own, that way it was what i want in it. IMO thats the best way to get a ROM that suits you.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

fufu for 6.5 and intx for tf3d rhodium ....luv em both
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

j37hr0 is becoming a great contributor

I put Mystery on my GF's Diamond, I am using Groove 4. If you take the time to cook your own you'll be happiest. Less is more, nothing worse than not being able to upgrade Opera because the previous version won't uninstall because it is part of the custom ROM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

If you are lazy (like me) and don't want to cook your own ROM, then just try different ones out. I love mighty ROMs as they are amazing, but lately I have been obsessed with the rhodium roms as they look so much nicer and are more functional (IMO). But since it is new they are a little buggy (as in the time issue which can be fixed easily). But INTX's roms are VERY stable and fast, and I have had no problems whatsoever. I suggest you try one of each out, windows mobile 6.5 roms, 6.1 roms, and the rhodium roms.

If you are sprint, and have a data plan, you can just .cab install sprint TV, navigation, and picturemail very easily (i did it and it works flawlessly). (I have an everything plan)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development