PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie minor flash problem after rom update

Hey all I'm a newbie first thank you for the mighty rom, i'm new to all this and followed all instructions and enjoying a brand new diamond with 4.7 installed from mighty rom. Of course being my first night playing with the phone i'm doing everything at once. I setup some of my stuff but now i was trying one of my favorite flash audio radio stations, and its not working with opera or IE. I understood that with this rom they are incorporated in the browser's but i had no luck getting it to work. I then downloaded skyfire and seem to be able to get a connection but audio does not come through or is very choppy, not sure where the real cause is. My stock rom has allowed me to listen to the audio with skyfire for a longer time frame then the newest unlocked rom.

Can anyone shed some light on this, i'm reading way too many things and i'm losing myself with all the info like macromedia 9 or 10 flash lite 2.1 or 3.0, not sure what i had before and what i may not have now in regards to the flsh sites and the roms.

Thanks hope i was clear.

Cheers to all its my 1st post, Looks like this is going to be addicting.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Newbie minor flash problem after rom update

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Hey all I'm a newbie first thank you for the mighty rom, i'm new to all this and followed all instructions and enjoying a brand new diamond with 4.7 installed from mighty rom. Of course being my first night playing with the phone i'm doing everything at once. I setup some of my stuff but now i was trying one of my favorite flash audio radio stations, and its not working with opera or IE. I understood that with this rom they are incorporated in the browser's but i had no luck getting it to work. I then downloaded skyfire and seem to be able to get a connection but audio does not come through or is very choppy, not sure where the real cause is. My stock rom has allowed me to listen to the audio with skyfire for a longer time frame then the newest unlocked rom.

Can anyone shed some light on this, i'm reading way too many things and i'm losing myself with all the info like macromedia 9 or 10 flash lite 2.1 or 3.0, not sure what i had before and what i may not have now in regards to the flsh sites and the roms.

Thanks hope i was clear.

Cheers to all its my 1st post, Looks like this is going to be addicting.
I may be wrong but I believe Mike is using opera 15954 in 4.7 but without the flash, I think others have not included it because of instability. So most likely you will have to find a flash lite 3.1 cab and istall it yourself. Don't use the official flash lite cause it does not have the plugins for opera/ie.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
I may be wrong but I believe Mike is using opera 15954 in 4.7 but without the flash, I think others have not included it because of instability. So most likely you will have to find a flash lite 3.1 cab and istall it yourself. Don't use the official flash lite cause it does not have the plugins for opera/ie.
Ok sounds good I'll look into it.

Does anyone know if you can just unlock a phone and have default HTC content only or must absolutely install a ROM? Just was always curious about this.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Ok sounds good I'll look into it.

Does anyone know if you can just unlock a phone and have default HTC content only or must absolutely install a ROM? Just was always curious about this.
Yes you can unlock and leave it but I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would you unlock it and not load it with tons of modded goodness!? If you do flash a rom you can find great 'Stock' HTC roms that others have put together without any additions.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Yes you can unlock and leave it but I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would you unlock it and not load it with tons of modded goodness!? If you do flash a rom you can find great 'Stock' HTC roms that others have put together without any additions.
Oh I see what your saying but I after having unlocked the phone and put in a rom I still load my phone with add on applications for my taste. Not necessarily modding anything really!

Also the rom tend to update every now and then why is it a good idea to have the latest rom if all applications have to be reinstalled and everything needs to be backed up everytime. This can be weekly it seems. I'm just trying to understand what others do, i'm new and a little in the dark.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development