PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cannibalslug is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug
Help!!!

i flashed to mightrom not too long ago and i was looking to try out kk's loaded and get a feel for something different. I tried to flash the new rom but it says my device cannot be identified when the process gets to about 2% and everytime i hard reset it defaults back to mighty...anybody know?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalslug View Post
i flashed to mightrom not too long ago and i was looking to try out kk's loaded and get a feel for something different. I tried to flash the new rom but it says my device cannot be identified when the process gets to about 2% and everytime i hard reset it defaults back to mighty...anybody know?
Uh, isn't KK's a Touch Pro rom? You can only flash diamond roms to diamonds.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to cannibalslug Send a message via MSN to cannibalslug Send a message via Yahoo to cannibalslug

Maybe, if that's really the issue then i'm surely an idiot right now (beer plus flashing = no bueno). I'll try something different and check it out

Although i swear i was in Diamond threads..once again beer plus flashing not helping

Either way, I'm still new to flashing but why is it that every time i hard reset why is it sticking to MightRom and not going back to Sprint Stock?

Last edited by cannibalslug; 02-11-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well i tried flashing Juggalo's ROM and that did work, but just so i know in the future, if i hard reset the phone does it go back to original manufactured rom or does it stay with the rom you installed?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well i tried flashing Juggalo's ROM and that did work, but just so i know in the future, if i hard reset the phone does it go back to original manufactured rom or does it stay with the rom you installed?
It stays with the rom last installed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the info, appreciate it
Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info, appreciate it
Anytime, I would recommend Mightymikes new rom, its super fast and smooth
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Maybe, if that's really the issue then i'm surely an idiot right now (beer plus flashing = no bueno).
There's someone stating something similar on their signature (sorry can't remember right now...very tired). And I gotta say true that. And from past experience it's better to not try anything on your ppc while drinking. Things like flashing a touch pro rom to a diamond are bound to happen. lol.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks to both of you. The reason i've been trying new rom's is that each one seems to warp my browsing experience. As much as i loved the new rom's and their speed and performance, i felt like something about the browsing was changing whether it was quality or something else. I had a config tweak that was working for me before and now it has no pull (tried with and without it). My wellsfargo won't change and various other sites decide that they won't deal with certain sites unless mobile. Do you see any of these differences if you use similar ROM's? Maybe it's just me and i take no credit from the incredible performance i experience from them, but that was a major no-no for me
Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks to both of you. The reason i've been trying new rom's is that each one seems to warp my browsing experience. As much as i loved the new rom's and their speed and performance, i felt like something about the browsing was changing whether it was quality or something else. I had a config tweak that was working for me before and now it has no pull (tried with and without it). My wellsfargo won't change and various other sites decide that they won't deal with certain sites unless mobile. Do you see any of these differences if you use similar ROM's? Maybe it's just me and i take no credit from the incredible performance i experience from them, but that was a major no-no for me
You have alot of options and alot of great Chefs, you'll find something that will fit your needs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development