PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FlowingAway is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone help me?

So I gave my Touch Diamond *Sprint* to my fiance today. Swapped her number over to it, then proceeded to flash the Telus radio to it and the newest MightyMike Rom. Well, long story short, it's almost 8 hours later and the thing still hasn't went into EVDO mode. It's stuck in Digital Roaming.

I've since flashed back to the stock sprint rom and flashed to the -Sprint Radio V1.11.00F- I left the phone at her place to charge and wake her up, but I'm sure barring a miracle when I get back to it tomorrow, it will still be roaming.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could fix this? Has EVDO been disabled or something? I've called Sprint CS multiple times, but they've been absolutely no help.

Thanks in advance! I know someone will be able to help!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Can anyone help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowingAway View Post
So I gave my Touch Diamond *Sprint* to my fiance today. Swapped her number over to it, then proceeded to flash the Telus radio to it and the newest MightyMike Rom. Well, long story short, it's almost 8 hours later and the thing still hasn't went into EVDO mode. It's stuck in Digital Roaming.

I've since flashed back to the stock sprint rom and flashed to the -Sprint Radio V1.11.00F- I left the phone at her place to charge and wake her up, but I'm sure barring a miracle when I get back to it tomorrow, it will still be roaming.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I could fix this? Has EVDO been disabled or something? I've called Sprint CS multiple times, but they've been absolutely no help.

Thanks in advance! I know someone will be able to help!
Hello, I can tell you for sure evdo is not disabled by flashing. question for you, are you sure you had ev coverage before flashing in this specific location? Also you can check to make sure the ev (rev a) is enabled on the phone. you will need your 6 digit code to access this area of the phone though. from the phone, you can input ##778#, then EDIT>then enter the code, and it will bring up a list EPST. select view info and go to Data Parameters, rev a should say enabled there.

You can get the code from Sprint. they should give to you but if not there is a program out there that can retrieve this as well. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hello, I can tell you for sure evdo is not disabled by flashing. question for you, are you sure you had ev coverage before flashing in this specific location? Also you can check to make sure the ev (rev a) is enabled on the phone. you will need your 6 digit code to access this area of the phone though. from the phone, you can input ##778#, then EDIT>then enter the code, and it will bring up a list EPST. select view info and go to Data Parameters, rev a should say enabled there.

You can get the code from Sprint. they should give to you but if not there is a program out there that can retrieve this as well. good luck.
I'm positive the area is EVDO. My Touch Pro is sitting right beside it working perfectly. Is it possible that flashing to the Telus radio before the ESN swap was completely finished had something to do with it? As soon as I did the ESN swap I immediately flashed the Telus radio. I know they tell you to wait a few hours before your phone is fully swapped and ready to go. Just taking stabs in the dark here.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'm positive the area is EVDO. My Touch Pro is sitting right beside it working perfectly. Is it possible that flashing to the Telus radio before the ESN swap was completely finished had something to do with it? As soon as I did the ESN swap I immediately flashed the Telus radio. I know they tell you to wait a few hours before your phone is fully swapped and ready to go. Just taking stabs in the dark here.
that could be the cause but not sure. I would flash back to the shipped rom/radio first, update profile and see if you have evdo. here is the link for the shipped roms in case you didn't know where to find it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

flashing the shipped rom will also flash the radio back to factory. At least then you are working from a clean slate again and can troubleshoot the ev issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
that could be the cause but not sure. I would flash back to the shipped rom/radio first, update profile and see if you have evdo. here is the link for the shipped roms in case you didn't know where to find it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

flashing the shipped rom will also flash the radio back to factory. At least then you are working from a clean slate again and can troubleshoot the ev issues.
i was thinking this might be the next step I take. how about swapping BACK to the Touch, waiting a bit then swapping again to the Diamond? All while using the stock shipped Rom and radio from Sprint? If that doesn't work I can't imagine what will!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Perhaps an odd question ... you did go through the unlocking process before flashing the new radio ... right?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
i was thinking this might be the next step I take. how about swapping BACK to the Touch, waiting a bit then swapping again to the Diamond? All while using the stock shipped Rom and radio from Sprint? If that doesn't work I can't imagine what will!
I would probably just flash the shipped rom instead. that way you can rule out any issues with a bad flash, etc. Good luck
Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Perhaps an odd question ... you did go through the unlocking process before flashing the new radio ... right?
of course! I flashed the thing from here to Egypt and back when it was mine, so I know that it needs to be unlocked and all that. I really do think I just flashed the Telus radio too soon after doing the ESN swap. I was in a hurry and just trying to throw everything on there real quick while the network was still getting her number and everything switched over to that phone.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
of course! I flashed the thing from here to Egypt and back when it was mine, so I know that it needs to be unlocked and all that. I really do think I just flashed the Telus radio too soon after doing the ESN swap. I was in a hurry and just trying to throw everything on there real quick while the network was still getting her number and everything switched over to that phone.
LOL!! that's one heck of a lot of frequent flasher miles. Did you cash them in yet?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

haha no kidding...it's such an addiction though! when I gave her the phone I should've just realized she doesn't care anything about a custom rom. it was just an excuse to flash another rom!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development