PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

knilob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to knilob Send a message via MSN to knilob Send a message via Yahoo to knilob Send a message via Skype™ to knilob
Clicking on TouchFlo Mail Tab Won't Clear Mail Notification in Taskbar

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I tried to search the forum for anything related. A few days ago, I came across a single post inside the MightyROM thread about a similar issue. Unfortunately, there were no responses that addressed the issue at that time. I also can't seem to find the post anymore.

Here's my problem. I've been using MightyROM 4.1 since it came out late last week. For whatever reason, the email notification icon that appears in the Taskbar doesn't want to clear out when I click on the Mail TouchFlo tab.

This always worked for me previously. First thing I thought to do was hard reset, but that didn't work. I then tried reflashing the ROM. No dice. Around this time, the annoying multiple text message bug reared its ugly head. I bit the bullet and reflashed to the Stock Sprint ROM. Lo and behold, the taskbar notifications cleared once I clicked on the Mail tab after rolling back to stock.

At this point, I thought I was in the clear since the desired functionality returned. I didn't want to be stuck with teh sukzorz that is the Stock Sprint ROM, so I decided to migrate to Calkulin's Sprint ROM. This was primarily with the intention of eventually "rolling my own" ROM with his Kitchen at some point.

Well, now I'm back at square one. The mail taskbar notifications aren't clearing once again when I click on the Mail tab in TouchFlo. Does this have something to do with the SYS/Version being used by Calkulin (I want to think Mike's latest ROM uses the same SYS)? Is my phone just jacked? I love the features, speed and enhancements of these latest and greatest ROMs, but that damn mail notification icon is driving me nuts.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Clicking on TouchFlo Mail Tab Won't Clear Mail Notification in Taskbar

you've got to open the message to have it "read" just peaking into the envelope doesn't count.

Or you can go into inbox and select mark all as read if you have a bunch of emails you can't get to right away and the alert is bugging you.

You can add this functionality with the cab below.

[EDIT] This cab is included in mighty rom 4.1 for diamond already.
Attached Files
File Type: cab InboxExtender.CAB (7.6 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

you can also kill the icon by using the x in task and closing the mail app. that way. the dropdown will have gmail listed, close it.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

knilob is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knilob Send a message via MSN to knilob Send a message via Yahoo to knilob Send a message via Skype™ to knilob

That's not what I mean. Before, on almost every other ROM, the little envelope icon that pops up in the Taskbar would disappear once I would click on the Mail tab in TouchFlo. The little circle on the tab with the unread count would stay there until I actually opened the email.

I don't mind seeing the unread count on the TouchFlo tab. It's the notification pop-up that's annoying. I'm tired of the envelope icon always displaying in my Taskbar until I click on it specifically to clear out the new email notifications. These notifications are similar to the reminder notifications that pop up for appointments.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

knilob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
you can also kill the icon by using the x in task and closing the mail app. that way. the dropdown will have gmail listed, close it.
That's a good tip. Thanks. Sometimes this still happens even if there isn't a mail app running. I'm pretty sure the other ROMs I've used would clear the icon just by clicking on the Mail tab.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
you've got to open the message to have it "read" just peaking into the envelope doesn't count.

Or you can go into inbox and select mark all as read if you have a bunch of emails you can't get to right away and the alert is bugging you.

You can add this functionality with the cab below.

[EDIT] This cab is included in mighty rom 4.1 for diamond already.
Thanks, I'm running Might 4.1 and didn't even notice this option (only had it for 2 days, but no excuse!)

Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

if you click the top bar then click the big email icon to bring up the alert you can then dismiss it and it will go away.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

knilob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
if you click the top bar then click the big email icon to bring up the alert you can then dismiss it and it will go away.
Yes, I know that's how it's done. What I'm trying to say is that I didn't have to do that before moving to MightyROM 4.1 or Calkulin's Latest Sprint ROM. It's annoying as hell to have to click on the taskbar after every email arrives. The Stock Sprint ROM clears the email icon once you click on the Mail tab in TouchFlo (it worked in Juicy 3.X and MightyROM 3.X).

Is there a way to bring that functionality back?
Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knilob View Post
That's not what I mean. Before, on almost every other ROM, the little envelope icon that pops up in the Taskbar would disappear once I would click on the Mail tab in TouchFlo. The little circle on the tab with the unread count would stay there until I actually opened the email.

I don't mind seeing the unread count on the TouchFlo tab. It's the notification pop-up that's annoying. I'm tired of the envelope icon always displaying in my Taskbar until I click on it specifically to clear out the new email notifications. These notifications are similar to the reminder notifications that pop up for appointments.
I noticed some comsiderable lag, on a couple of ROMs, waiting for that notification icon to clear from the taskbar. i had to wait 5-10 seconds just looking at the mail tab.
Couldn't it just be the chef's choice in threadpriority for notifications? or possible just how they set up the cache/filesystem?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

knilob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Couldn't it just be the chef's choice in threadpriority for notifications? or possible just how they set up the cache/filesystem?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I flashed to OMJ's ROM last night, and the functionality I'm looking for is back. His ROM is on an older version of the SYS (19965), so I was thinking that this problem cropped up as a result of using the 21109 version. I could be wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development