PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picture messaging

First off, lemme say thanks to all the chefs here, you guys do some awesome work!

I was hoping to start a discussion as to why Alltel picture messaging doesnt seem to work on any other ROM except Conflippers. There must be some file dependencies or system files that are causing the problems and was hoping the chefs would work together to see if they could figure it out.

I know us Alltellians are a minority here, but was hoping to change that with a little more choice for us.

Thanks again, and you guys RAWK

Old 12-19-2008, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: Picture messaging

I have been wondering the same thing for about a month now. Conflipper's ROM's are great but I would love to be able to use other custom roms and have working MMS. I have tried many things including lennysh's arcsoft and dcd's carrier cab, and have tried manually changing the server settings with no luck. Hey Conflipper or anyone else, do you have any input on this?

Last edited by razorloves; 12-19-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

Refer to this link, Download that cab install it and Enjoy!!! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=509

*edit* This cab is Alltel settings by default.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO1988 View Post
Refer to this link, Download that cab install it and Enjoy!!! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=509

Thanks GTO, appreciate the reply, I will test this on Juicy's latest, but really looking for a little more cross ROM compatibility. Will this cab work on most of the popular chef's ROM's etc... thanks

EDIT: Just installed Juicy's 4.3, then installed that cab and...nogo, doesnt work for me. And this is precisely what I'm getting at, that simply installing an Arcsoft cab, and fixing your server settings does not mean you'll have Alltel pic msg working, there is obviously more to it than that.

Last edited by Zeddicus; 12-20-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:23 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO1988 View Post

Just tried this cab with touch pro and Juggalo custom rom and sending does not work. I hit send and it autoconnects then after a few seconds I get delivery faiulure. Even did hard reset and installed cab and same result.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

yeah just noticed the same thing while I was Outback :P I don't know what the problem is I receive fine
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

Good news!!! I got picture messaging to work. It's with the old arcsoft that has worked on many previous Alltel smartphone's and PPC's, but at least it works. I did a hard reset on the Juggalo custom rom I'm currently trying out, so no arcsoft installed. Then installed the LennySh_Alltel_Arcsoft_3.0.26.12c.cab from http://forum.htcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2. It's in the first post. After I installed it, it worked. Didn't have to change any settings. sending and receiving work perfect. Big thanks to LennySh. I should have known to try this cab because it is what I used on my PPC6800 (Titan) a while back.

UPDATE! For the heck of it I wanted to try something, so I installed the new LennySh ArcSoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab availalable at the above link then uninstalled the old LennySh_Alltel_Arcsoft_3.0.26.12c.cab and it's working perfect with the new arcsoft now. I have tried several times in the past to get the MMS working with just installing the LennySh ArcSoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab and it has not worked, so installing the old one first does something to make it work. This is GREAT.

Last edited by razorloves; 12-20-2008 at 02:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Good news!!! I got picture messaging to work. It's with the old arcsoft that has worked on many previous Alltel smartphone's and PPC's, but at least it works. I did a hard reset on the Juggalo custom rom I'm currently trying out, so no arcsoft installed. Then installed the LennySh_Alltel_Arcsoft_3.0.26.12c.cab from http://forum.htcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2. It's in the first post. After I installed it, it worked. Didn't have to change any settings. sending and receiving work perfect. Big thanks to LennySh. I should have known to try this cab because it is what I used on my PPC6800 (Titan) a while back.

UPDATE! For the heck of it I wanted to try something, so I installed the new LennySh ArcSoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab availalable at the above link then uninstalled the old LennySh_Alltel_Arcsoft_3.0.26.12c.cab and it's working perfect with the new arcsoft now. I have tried several times in the past to get the MMS working with just installing the LennySh ArcSoft 5.0.71.33R3 Alltel.cab and it has not worked, so installing the old one first does something to make it work. This is GREAT.
Nice work Razor, tried this on Juicy's latest and yes it works! So there is obviously some system files or settings that the old version puts in that the new does not. So for now, until someone can figure out what the old version does that the new one doesn't, this is gonna be the way I install with every ROM I try (etc Conflipper's, no need to).

So is there someone who can check these out and find out, what the old version is doin that the new one is not?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post

Just tested this method with Caulkin's latest (v3.5a) and it works there as well. Nice work Razr, you RAWK
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

Crud, have to join up there to get the file... I miss my pic messaging.

Can anyone host or put it on megashare or something of that nature?

Heck, once I get it I can host it for us Alltel folks.

Unfortunately, Conflips ROM won't allow GPS on my phone... I PM'd him about it and no response.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development