PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MTS

dynopeg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MTS ALLSTREAM- Canada

Just got an MTS Touch Diamond CDMA, was wondering if there is a rom upgrade I could use. Would like to get FM radio working and get rid of dreaded GPS lag when using navigation programs, plus all the other tweaks that come with custom roms.

Cheers..............Dyno
Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: MTS ALLSTREAM- Canada

it's cdma, any rom here will work!

make sure you unlock your device first
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

where is MTS out of who is there primary tower partner? they would follow there epst config.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

MTS is Manitoba.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
where is MTS out of who is there primary tower partner? they would follow there epst config.
MTS is Manitoba Telephone System,They have all their own towers in Manitoba. Not sure what you mean by "primary tower partner", but I think I read once, that they can connect a previous Bell phone onto there network. I have a Telus P4000, they can not put it on there network. My Diamond has radio 1.03.06f.
I used the unlocker so far, that worked fine, and installed .net 3.5

Dyno
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

ok, its privately owned then, I dont know whos epst would be closest. what was the issue with the telus phone? data wouldnt work or... usually the little guys piggy back off a larger network. ur probably fine with any of the roms, i just figured choosing one for the carrier MTS piggy backs off of would be ideal. but i dont know what one or if they do :S
Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

littlerichie29 is just getting started

MTS uses bell towers when roaming, and they used to get all their phones through Bell. I need to exchange my phone, but have no way to go back to the stock firmware... My battery life with minimal usage is like 5 hours right now. Using Juicy 4.0, and the telus radio right now. Exchanged my battery, but it is making no difference.

Last edited by littlerichie29; 12-11-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dynopeg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
ok, its privately owned then, I dont know whos epst would be closest. what was the issue with the telus phone? data wouldnt work or... usually the little guys piggy back off a larger network. ur probably fine with any of the roms, i just figured choosing one for the carrier MTS piggy backs off of would be ideal. but i dont know what one or if they do :S
There was no issue with the Telus phone, I bought one off eBay, and another one locally, was going to switch to Telus, but found it would be too expensive , our contract was just up with MTS, so it was "no brainer to just renew, and get new phones $40 for Diamond. Sold 1 P4000 on eBay and still have other.

Dyno
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Retired Staff

some one please dump the MTS rom
Old 12-11-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

littlerichie29 is just getting started

i could do it if i can get my hands on a replacement

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development