PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
InvisibleShield or something else

Ok essentially I can get the InvisibleShield for $20 then have $5 leftover (if someone wants one of these items and can justify it to me), I'll buy it for you (and even ship it to you free). Or I could get something completely different because I would like to have a 'full body' cover considering the first or second day I had my Diamond, I already dropped it and it got some scratches . So if I buy the InvisibleShield, I will 'gift' any JUSTIFIED product to a deserving person (honestly the only person I've used things from on these forums YET is Dette but I have downloaded Juicy's ROM (not tried YET) and used the Unlocker). I would prefer to give any one of those items to a deserving person not just some random 'leech' or 'mooch.'

If none of those work for you, I doubt you'll find any other products on ZAGG's website reasonably priced (under $5) so too bad .

Question: Should I get the invisibleshield by ZAGG and if not, should I get any protection and if so, what one?

This is all on the Sprint Diamond. Does the InvisibleShield when sold on ZAGG's site come with the applicator stuff or not? I want the process to be as seemless as possible because I messed up my OEM protector (dirty on inside = bad all around).

Slmclarengt
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kleiner34 is keeping up the good workkleiner34 is keeping up the good work
Re: InvisibleShield or something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Ok essentially I can get the InvisibleShield for $20 then have $5 leftover (if someone wants one of these items and can justify it to me), I'll buy it for you (and even ship it to you free). Or I could get something completely different because I would like to have a 'full body' cover considering the first or second day I had my Diamond, I already dropped it and it got some scratches . So if I buy the InvisibleShield, I will 'gift' any JUSTIFIED product to a deserving person (honestly the only person I've used things from on these forums YET is Dette but I have downloaded Juicy's ROM (not tried YET) and used the Unlocker). I would prefer to give any one of those items to a deserving person not just some random 'leech' or 'mooch.'

If none of those work for you, I doubt you'll find any other products on ZAGG's website reasonably priced (under $5) so too bad .

Question: Should I get the invisibleshield by ZAGG and if not, should I get any protection and if so, what one?

This is all on the Sprint Diamond. Does the InvisibleShield when sold on ZAGG's site come with the applicator stuff or not? I want the process to be as seemless as possible because I messed up my OEM protector (dirty on inside = bad all around).

Slmclarengt
Im not sure I follow the first part of your post, but as for the Invisibleshield, I got one and am pretty happy with it. I got the screen only one and it comes with the solution and "tool' you need to apply it. It seems to protect the screen well with almost no interference. I say "almost" only because the texture of the cover itself sometimes causes a finger swipe not to slide smoothly over the screen which makes the diamond not recognize it properly. Hope that helps you.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Agreed with kleiner. I got the Zagg invisible shield too and I like it. It takes a bit of getting used to at first because like Kleiner says it has a different feel to it. It's a bit tacky/rubbery but this will go away after using it for a while. At first when i put mine on there were some bubbles and stuff I couldn't get out, but after a few days those miraculously disappeared. It is a good product and i would recommend it but if you like a smooth hard surface you may want to try another protector. Also if you are giving one out for free, mine needs replacing as I managed to get some lint stuck under it when I was installing it and it has been driving me crazy. I suck at installing these things!! Anyway good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry 9700
Carrier: ATT

Lint is a n00b

There are a lot of opinions on this topic. I like BSE - here are some other thoughts:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46599
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

i hate the invisibe shield - Horrible option to protect your Diamond. I bought one, it sucked... Complained to Zagg, so they sent me a new one (why, I have no idea)... I'd rather a refund. IT's still sitting in the box unwrapped and I'll never use it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

Get something else. Invisible Shields aren't very good for touchscreens.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b

landale is just getting started

If you just want screen protection you can't beat Boxwave's Crystal screen protectors. Once it goes on you can barely tell you have one on. I like the feel a lot more then invisible shields but to each his own.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

heberman is just getting started

Here's my feeling: I have the Invisible Shield now on my diamond, and I had the Best Skins Ever on my old Palm 650. To me, they are about the same, but The Invisible Shield was easier to install because of the included spray bottle and squeegee.

I like the coverage on the back of the phone - essentially over the red cover and camera portion. BUT - I didn't like the smaller strips on the black portion of the sides of the phone. The strips were narrow, collects dust/dirt along the edges of the strips, and felt funny when I would slide my fingers at the edges of the screen. So I removed the strips along the black edges.

I like the Invisible Shield's fit around the buttons/d-pad. BUT - I hated the "tacky" feel on the screen. I much prefer a slippery surface on the touch screen, so I removed the Invisible Shield from the screen and installed a cheap ($6 for a set of 5) Screen Patronus screen protector on the screen. The feel and look is MUCH better than the Invisible Shield.

I now use the slippery Screen Patronus (found on Ebay) protector over the screen, and the Invisible Shield on the back and over the d-pad portion. I really like the combination. I'm not worried about scratches, and the screen looks and feels great.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I recently removed the invisible shield from my phone & replaced it with the BodyGuardz setup. The IS worked great on the battery cover, but I MUCH prefer the BG everywhere else.

I don't like either one for a screen protector. I have used every screen protector known to man & IMHO the best one BY FAR is the Brando Ultraclear Protector Plus.

~John
Old 12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sephirothhoo is just getting started

I don't like it because it will get yellow if you use it everyday. I got it for my creative mp3 player (Works great), but when I got it for my NDS. It got so yellow that I have to remove it. So I got brando clear screen (Same as boxwave) for screen protect.

Last edited by sephirothhoo; 12-09-2008 at 04:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development