PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom VGA OEM Requests ....Get them here! Updated 1/7/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Ok, maybe this is a dumb question but since I use package creator a lot for making OEM's, and more often then not it will rename files (for obvious reason) and then rename them correctly when it drops them in the correct folder. My question then is, is it safe to remove those renamed files from the windows folder? Basically you have duplicated the files and made your rom that much bigger. I havce never seen anyone talk about removing them and frnakly, curious as to why package creator copies/renames isntead of just moves/removes them.
Ervius's mimics a .cab install. And if you have "Rename Duplicates files checked when you open ervius's package creator, it will rename duplicates or renames the files that don't stay in \windows to 000-sample.txt. This is the way I do it too. The ppckitchen folks and OEMIzer will try to make everything work out of \windows instead of the way the software author made it. I don't worry about this because I don't have a device that is strapped for memory like back in my 6700 or 6800 days. There are arguements and valid points for both. And those files in the oem are baked into your rom and can't be deleted. Everything file you put into your rom starts out in \Windows and it will remain there...I'm not aware of a way to delete files out of the rom.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

well i'm a little late on the convo, but here's the cab i've been using for nuepackageinstaller
Attached Files
File Type: cab Dan-htc-touch nuepackageinstaller.cab (620.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks rstoyguy. I kind of figured that but thought it was worth asking.

Another question I have has to do with Sprints Picture mail. I have converted the newest one to an OEM. The problem I am having with it is that on the email tab of TF3D there is no icon for Picture mail. There is no Picture mail under accounts either. The only way I can send a picture mail is by actually going into the folder that has pictures and selecting picture mail from there.

I have gone through the entire reg on my phone after installing picture mail with the cab and included everything I could find but I must be missing something. Right now the only way to get an icon for Picture mail on the email tab is to actually install it with the cab. Any help would be appeciated.

Last edited by aceracer24; 01-12-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Thanks rstoyguy. I kind of figured that but thought it was worth asking.

Another question I have has to do with Sprints Picture mail. I have converted the newest one to an OEM. The problem I am having with it is that on the email tab of TF3D there is no icon for Picture mail. There is no Picture mail under accounts either. The only way I can send a picture mail is by actually going into the folder that has pictures and selecting picture mail from there.

I have gone through the entire reg on my phone after installing picture mail with the cab and included everything I could find but I must be missing something. Right now the only way to get an icon for Picture mail on the email tab is to actually install it with the cab. Any help would be appeciated.
Answer moved to my OEM tutorial/discussion, this is my request thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
well i'm a little late on the convo, but here's the cab i've been using for nuepackageinstaller
It doesn't look like that cab includes nueBaseTools. nuePackageInstaller won't work without it.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Re: Custom VGA OEM Requests ....Get them here! Updated 1/12/2009

Added:
OEM TouchLockPro_v2.1............................................. TouchLock Pro v2.1 by sohkis

and

OEM_SlingPlayerMob_v1.6.0.111_VGA............................. Sling Player Mobile v1.6.0.111
Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

steinerd is a n00b

For anyone looking for an alternative to the stock youtube I oemed youtube play 1.011 from xda. what I like about it is that you can save the videos, it's also much quicker than the default player.

Cooked and tested on calcu's 4.1 kitchen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Internet - YouTubePlay.zip (435.0 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Surfing the board and I found something that impressed me, fonts by Godzson. So I took it upon myself and spent an hour or so to make them available to chefs, new and old...

OEM_godzson_TF3D_fonts................................... Twelve (12) TF3D / WinMo Fonts by Godzson (OEM Notes)
Font OEM's: Aaaiight, District, Drafting, Freebooter_Script, Hawkeye, Illegal_editing, My_Underwood, Reprobate, Weltron_Urban, DJ_Gross, Degrassii, and Hand.

OEM Notes:
- This is Godzson's work, here is a link to screenies GODZSON's -Fonts 4 Win & TF3D
- The OEM's will show up in the group "Apps-GodzsonFonts"
- PPCKitchen Friendly, Unarchive to your USER_OEM directory, restart BuildOS.
- If you don't want the WinMo fonts, delete tahoma*.* from the OEM.

- or take any windows font, rename it to the filenames inside the OEM and enjoy!

Last edited by rstoyguy; 01-14-2009 at 06:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Surfing the board and I found something that impressed me, fonts by Godzson. So I took it upon myself and spent an hour or so to make them available to chefs, new and old...

OEM_godzson_TF3D_fonts................................... Twelve (12) TF3D / WinMo Fonts by Godzson (OEM Notes)
Font OEM's: Aaaiight, District, Drafting, Freebooter_Script, Hawkeye, Illegal_editing, My_Underwood, Reprobate, Weltron_Urban, DJ_Gross, Degrassii, and Hand.

OEM Notes:
- This is Godzson's work, here is a link to screenies GODZSON's -Fonts 4 Win & TF3D
- The OEM's will show up in the group "Apps-GodzsonFonts"
- PPCKitchen Friendly, Unarchive to your USER_OEM directory, restart BuildOS.
- If you don't want the WinMo fonts, delete tahoma*.* from the OEM.

- or take any windows font, rename it to the filenames inside the OEM and enjoy!

Awsome find rstoyguy! Godzson actually has twelve new fonts as well, a couple which are very cool....could you oem these up as well? Thanks in advance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470247=D>
Old 01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

I looked through here a bit, anyone got an OEM for SPB Mobile Shell?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development