PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 10:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Bell

zoolake is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Help choosing a rom

Hi guys,
I realise that the existence of a 'best' rom is a ridiculous concept as each rom has different strengths and weaknesses. I have researched a number of roms but just due to the sheer number of different ones I feel a little overwhelmed in my decision.

I was wondering if someone could help point me in the direction of a few roms that have good performance while for the most part having an interface similar to the stock rom. Thanks very much and I would just like to thank all the developers for giving us users such an overwhelming selection of quality roms
Old 11-25-2008, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Re: Help choosing a rom

There is a "best". Grab the files from the "How-To: Kitchen" and roll your own ROM.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 11-25-2008, 10:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I see what you mean fr4nk1yn, but I was just wondering among those that are already in existence
Old 11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not to beat a dead horse, but this has been discussed SEVERAL times and each time it has been determined that there is no "best" rom.

I will give you the same advice I have posted in each of those threads. Try each of the roms for a day or even a few hours and you will soon find the one that is the best for you. It is a personal opinion. I have played with almost all of the ones in this forum, and decided that the "best" one for me, is one I cook myself......
Old 11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but this has been discussed SEVERAL times and each time it has been determined that there is no "best" rom.

I will give you the same advice I have posted in each of those threads. Try each of the roms for a day or even a few hours and you will soon find the one that is the best for you. It is a personal opinion. I have played with almost all of the ones in this forum, and decided that the "best" one for me, is one I cook myself......
Hi.... My name is Mike and I've been FLASH free for 5 days now...
Old 11-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek
Smile Re: Help choosing a rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Hi.... My name is Mike and I've been FLASH free for 5 days now...
WOW ,it must have been hard huh,that itch you can't scratch J/K

now can you tell everyone ,how did you deal with your flashing habit in the past and the impact it had on you and your loved ones:P

we are all a family here
Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanne View Post

Leanne, the first thing I said was that I realise there is no best rom....however, given the things i suggested are important to me, surely some roms do that better than others and I was simply trying to get some suggestions from those with a lot more experience than me.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tmc_adio07 is becoming a great contributor

Well if your looking for opinion zoolake, I'll try to describe a few....MightyRom's is excellent, his new update is really smooth and nice looking, cutting out unnecessary stuff and adding good, stable programs that are actually useful. Juicy's rom is very stable and very fast, and he tends to keep his close to "stock" as possible, so if your looking for customization that YOU want to personalise, Juicy makes his rom easy for that. Juggalo's rom is sheer personalization....it has extra tabs and backround on all tabs already installed, and all sprint crap removed. Also has great useful programs and I'm in love with the speed of the rom and sys....i'm currently using Juggalo's and pretty satisfied. Have not tried other roms so I cannot say anything about them. But I agree with leanne....just spend an hour or two flashing several roms and test out your preference. have fun.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally, I feel that all the major roms are pretty close performance wise and all of them that I can think of are pretty stock in appearance..... You will find the major difference between the roms is the included or removed software. Maybe read the change logs of each to see what is included and what programs are important to you.

That is how I decided to start cooking my own rom. I didn't want alot of the stuff that was included, and wanted some stuff that wasn't........
Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help a lot....I'll give some of the ones you suggested a try and go from there

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development