PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Lurker

jin5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
did i just brick my phone ;(

i was doing the pagepool hex mod, it flashed successfully, but after the phone restarted, its now stuck on the Touch Diamond logo and does not boot.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: did i just brick my phone ;(

Pull your battery out to turn your phone off then put it back in "and you need to hold power, volume down, AND the "<-" button (the button just above end call) it is confirmed that the back button is required for flashing from the internal storage.

at this point once you have all of those buttons pressed, you need to do the magical dance to figure out how to press the stylus into the soft reset hole.
(as an alternative you can completely power off the phone, then hold backspace and volume and while holding those press and hold power till the bootloader pops up)"

You will get the tri color screen, now you can plug in your usb it shoudl change from serial to usb at the bottom of the screen and you can update your rom on your computer again.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid / Omnia II
Carrier: The Dark Side

parkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on repparkjam is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Give is some time, sometimes these phones take ages on first boot, you can also try hard resetting, and if all else fails, place the phone in bootloader and re-flash

Last edited by parkjam; 11-05-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work

Maybe not. If you can get to the bootloader you can flash a new rom. Hold Power + VolDwn + Reset

Last edited by jgillard; 11-05-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: had wrong bootload key sequence
Old 11-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I have no idea what those two are talking about...
Firstly, what does flashing from internal storage have to do with the issue?
Secondly, Power + VolDwn + Enter + Reset (which wasn't mentioned) is a hard reset.

To the OP: You've corrupted the OS you tried to flash. jgillard was right that you have to get to the bootloader and flash a new (working) ROM using the RUU as you normally would.

The Proper sequence is: Power + VolDwn + Reset.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jin5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Pull your battery out to turn your phone off then put it back in "and you need to hold power, volume down, AND the "<-" button (the button just above end call) it is confirmed that the back button is required for flashing from the internal storage.

at this point once you have all of those buttons pressed, you need to do the magical dance to figure out how to press the stylus into the soft reset hole.
(as an alternative you can completely power off the phone, then hold backspace and volume and while holding those press and hold power till the bootloader pops up)"

You will get the tri color screen, now you can plug in your usb it shoudl change from serial to usb at the bottom of the screen and you can update your rom on your computer again.
bingo that worked, i wonder what happened on the page pool hex mod? has anyone successfully tried this? oh btw i was editing hte ruu_signed.nbh on might stable 2.1
Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
I have no idea what those two are talking about...
Firstly, what does flashing from internal storage have to do with the issue?
Secondly, Power + VolDwn + Enter + Reset (which wasn't mentioned) is a hard reset.

To the OP: You've corrupted the OS you tried to flash. jgillard was right that you have to get to the bootloader and flash a new (working) ROM using the RUU as you normally would.

The Proper sequence is: Power + VolDwn + Reset.
I was giving the instructions to get to the bootloader. This lets you load a new rom with a USB cable in case your phone doesn't boot completely up since if you can't boot up you can't sync with your computer. I've used this before on a bad flash.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Although it works, it's wrong. What you instructed was to have him get to the Internal Storage flashing mode. The only reason this actually worked is because there isn't a rom on the internal storage to flash to, so it reverts to bootloader.
The only sequence needed for bootloader is above. (no magical dance needed)
Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Although it works, it's wrong. What you instructed was to have him get to the Internal Storage flashing mode. The only reason this actually worked is because there isn't a rom on the internal storage to flash to, so it reverts to bootloader.
The only sequence needed for bootloader is above. (no magical dance needed)
I hadn't realized there was a seperate mode for flashing from USB as opposed to internal storage. On my Vogue I remember using the one sequence for both.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development