PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: N/A
Carrier: N/A

ntony is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob question on flashing sprint HTC Diamond

Hi,

I am in the process of flashing my Sprint HTC Diamond.
I am new to this territory and don't want to brick my phone.

May i have a few stupid questions around the steps to flash my sprint phone with Juicy 2.6?

I have read through all the sticky threads but i am still lost. In particular, i am confused about the steps to do before flashing my rom. There is a thread on " Diamond_C CDMA SSPL and HardSPL package is here now!" and " How To: Unlocking, Relocking, and Flashing". Are they talking about the same thing? Is unlocking the same as "SSPL and HardSPL" ?? Which of the two are necessary to flash my phone?

Thanks and really appreciated.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Re: Noob question on flashing sprint HTC Diamond

just follow the unlocking relocking thread. Should be just fine, just follow the instructions! Welcome to PPCgeeks.
-Chris

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

welcome, goodluck.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayfay392 View Post
just follow the unlocking relocking thread. Should be just fine, just follow the instructions! Welcome to PPCgeeks.
-Chris
What he said.

My thread is a summary and step by step guide to using the other thread.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

I was scared at first too. cause when you do the unlock the program that unlocks it acts like it's installing a new rom. So it took me half the night to get the nuggets to run it. but it was simple and easy. these guys around here really make it easy for a newbie upgrade.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ntony is a n00b

yeah... thanks a lot for the community.

Unlocking takes <30 seconds...
flashing Juicy 2.6 takes about 1-2 minutes

I have a question though, after flashing Juicy 2.6, i realize my top and bottom bar is now greenish blue, instead of black... any clue how i can change the color? Or have i screw up my phone?

The color is like the one in the pic below

Last edited by ntony; 10-28-2008 at 12:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ntony is a n00b

answering myself..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...+Theme&page=82

has the theme
Go to Start->Settings->Personal Tab->Today
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

tossing you a thanks for answering your own question. have fun. also if you start wanting to flash often check out my sticky. now that your unlocked you can take the PC out of the equation and dare I say flash from work .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development