PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I figured out how to flash from internal memory!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
can the Unlocker/Relocker be run from internal storage as well? thanks.
Now that no2chem has a diamond, I'm sure we'll see nueSPL for the diamond in the near future, which will allow you to unlock/relock from internal storage. It's just a matter of time..
Old 10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Lurker

kabirjohnson is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kabirjohnson Send a message via MSN to kabirjohnson Send a message via Yahoo to kabirjohnson

okay now first you need to get your .nbh file on your root directory of the internal storage.

I want to flash from the Internal memory, but i don't understand what you meant bye "root directory" pls explain
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

root directory means the lowest level in a file system so it would be /internal storage and not in any folder

eg the root of the c drive on your computer is C:\
Old 10-16-2008, 11:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Monster is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
it does not work for me unless I hold the backspace when entering bootloader, the other way it just enters bootloader and sits. I just tried it again to make sure. can you confirm it flashes from the internal storage withouth the backspace toby or juggalo?
I also had to include holding the back button or else it wouldn't work. Just flashed juciy 2.5 from internal storage!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster View Post
I also had to include holding the back button or else it wouldn't work. Just flashed juciy 2.5 from internal storage!
I knew I wasn't crazy you telus or sprint monster?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Monster is just getting started

Quote:
I knew I wasn't crazy you telus or sprint monster?
I'm Telus and thanks for the heads up with the back button! I was getting frustrated before when it went into bootloader and just sat there.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 AM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

d94 is just getting started

Quote:
k cool thanks, flashing from the storage is sooooooooooooo much nicer. besides I can leave a copy of stock on the phone if I need to quickly bring it in for service. now I just need the option to upgrade/downgrade the bootloader via the phone and ill be able to go from stock to custom and back in under 20 minutes like on my titan.
even faster, it takes me but a minute or two to flash my phone

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
also I doubt it, but it could be a telus/sprint small hardware difference if it works for you we will have to find a sprint user to try besides just me.
I didn't try without the back ey but i can confirm it does work WITH the back key on my Sprint phone
Old 10-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Posted this in another thread, thought it was relevant here too:

There are basically three ways to flash your diamond.
1. Run the RUU with your phone booted (running WM).
2. Run the RUU with your phone in bootloader.
3. Press Power + VolDwn + Back + Reset with a ROM named DIAMIMG.nbh in the root of the Internal Storage.

1 allows things like a sSPL to be run first to allow a hSPL to be applied.
1 requires at least 50% battery life.
1 shows your current ROM version and the future ROM version.

2 has no battery requirement.
2 shows only future ROM version.

3 should have no battery requirement
3 does not show any versions, but does show what aspects are included in the ROM (will only say OS since we only flash Operating System ROMs here really)
3 can be done anywhere as long as the image is on the device (but if it's just the one you already have on there, it would make more sense to do a Hard Reset).
Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

yea I like having multiple roms on my phone and swaping them as i see fit, usually I keep stock, the current rom im using, and any rom I want to test.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development