PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Music Store w/ a Custom Rom

does anyone know how to get sprint music store to work with a custom rom?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sprint Music Store w/ a Custom Rom

search user "old man jenkins" ill look for it also. edit, see if this is what you want. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=429618

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-07-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i think that applies to the touch. I am using MSR 1.2 and it has the music player tab with a link to the music store but once opera opens it tells me it cant go to the music store.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
i think that applies to the touch. I am using MSR 1.2 and it has the music player tab with a link to the music store but once opera opens it tells me it cant go to the music store.
I have had this same problem. I think that the sprint store only works with the Opera browser that the phone ships with and not the upgraded version that is in the customs roms. i think it has to do with some type of certificate. I will be happy when i can get all the benefits of the custom roms like better battery life.....faster screen rotations and such but yet still keep the sprint stock manilla look with the logo on the top right corner.

But for now i will just stick with the stock rom until someone figures it out.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division

Last edited by Young_breedent; 10-07-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

psvillars is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psvillars

I got the sprint music store working on juicy 2.4.1 and it should work on any custom rom that you want to use. There are 3 files in the windows folder you will want to either copy to internal storage or to your pc they are:
imageforsprintmusicbs.dll
sprint music.lnk
sprintmusiclauncher.exe
You may need a file explorer like resco or total commander but after you flash your rom copy these files to /windows/ of course to get these files you'll need to be on a stock sprint rom first. Hope this helps anyone.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Sprint AT&T

JBHorner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
I have had this same problem. I think that the sprint store only works with the Opera browser that the phone ships with and not the upgraded version that is in the customs roms. i think it has to do with some type of certificate. I will be happy when i can get all the benefits of the custom roms like better battery life.....faster screen rotations and such but yet still keep the sprint stock manilla look with the logo on the top right corner.

But for now i will just stick with the stock rom until someone figures it out.
It might be worth trying to open the same URL in Pocket Internet Explorer. I had an older ROM (I've reverted to the Sprint ROM), and that is how I was able to access the Sprint links.

Joel
Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

psvillars is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHorner View Post
It might be worth trying to open the same URL in Pocket Internet Explorer. I had an older ROM (I've reverted to the Sprint ROM), and that is how I was able to access the Sprint links.

Joel
no it's not the browser although you do have to use opera will not work with internet explorer but just copy the files from the sprint rom i mentioned in an earlier and it'll work it needs the music launcher.exe and the .dll for it to work
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
I got the sprint music store working on juicy 2.4.1 and it should work on any custom rom that you want to use. There are 3 files in the windows folder you will want to either copy to internal storage or to your pc they are:
imageforsprintmusicbs.dll
sprint music.lnk
sprintmusiclauncher.exe
You may need a file explorer like resco or total commander but after you flash your rom copy these files to /windows/ of course to get these files you'll need to be on a stock sprint rom first. Hope this helps anyone.

Can you upload those files?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggant View Post
Can you upload those files?
Here ya go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip sprintmusicstorefiles.zip (69.1 KB, 163 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

psvillars is a n00b

now if only i can find out where and how the licenses are stored for the songs purchased from the music store. I like the ability to be able to download a song i hear on the radio or wherever and have it billed to my account but the problem is with the diamond is there is no web sync so even though you can back up the files they won't play without the license and i believe it's under wmdrm in application data/windows/media player so i copied the whole folder to internal storage and then deleted the file of course the sprint files wouldn't play so i tried to copy them back and it still wouldn't play anyone have an idea of how we can back up the sprint license for when we need to hard reset or flash a new rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development